Thursday, July 31, 2008

Inseparable

We love our cousins around here. My kids have four cousins that live out of town that they adore, and they have my sister’s kids who live here.

During the summer, my kids and my sister’s kids are practically inseparable. They make up for the too-busy-school-year separation. Everywhere we go, my kids ask “Are Tristan and Taryn going to be there?” That helps them assess how much they are going to enjoy the day.

.“What? We’re going to get root canals and our wisdom teeth cut out without Novocain? Well, will Tristan and Taryn be there? Yes? Wooo hooo!!!”

They see each other several times a week, but every time they do you would think they were being reunited for the first time in months. It is extremely rare for there to ever be any conflict among them. Together, they just kind of click.


And now I shall segue to the visual portion of this post and subject you to more of my new camera experimentation, which captures some of the cousin luv.


Tristan is often sporting red scratches from Cole climbing all over him. He wears them with pride.

.



Can your kid do this in 3 foot deep water? Didn't think so. That's right, he can walk on water. We suspect his magical powers might have something to do with that giant tatoo on his rock hard six pack.



Have a fun summer weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Tristan said...

I love that our kids are inseparable. Terry says so are we(you and me). True and I love that too.

Amy said...

YOU make me smile. I love cousins, and summer, and chlorinated swimming. Great pictures.

Also? I really dig the tat. makes him look street, yo.

Marcie said...

Oh, whew! It's only a tattoo... there for a second, I thought the kid was growing chest hair!

Lani said...

These pictures just capture everything that is good and right about summer and cousins.

Sue said...

I love the pictures--Love those kids!!!It is so much fun for us to have all of them together and know that they enjoy being together so much. Love you

Mom

Robin Meadows said...

Cousins are GREAT! My kids only had two! But, my grands love each other so much. They're young enough that they're all still kissin' cousins.

Love the pics!!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

Love it!

Kim Heinecke said...

great camera skills