Friday, July 18, 2008

Bittersweet redecorating



I love to redecorate a room, but the idea that my kids are getting all grown up causes me to assume the fetal position and suck my thumb. It's hard to believe that just five years ago this playroom was perfect for everyone. We had an 8 year old, 5 year old, 2 year old, and a baby. At the time it seemed like it would last forever. And now...well, you do the math. Garrett and Tyler were wanting more of a hangout type space to, well, hang out in. I had to agree, the room wasn't fitting our needs like it once did. So the family project began.








And here it is now....





Riley's new gymnastics spot. My sister was getting rid of this big mirror so we got it for FREE! Free is good.

Testing it out with a few friends. I think they enjoyed it. The last time I heard them enjoying it was at 5 a.m. For real. Yes, A.M.

I would like to take a moment to tell you that I do, in fact, provide shirts for Tyler. He seems to have a bit of an aversion to upper body covering.

Also, I am thinking of putting a quote above the window because I love the quotes. Any ideas?

10 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

I don't know about a quote but those shadows are AWESOME on the wall... How'd you do that?!

Theresa said...

What a great room. I love it!!! I too am with Kim, I love the guys on the wall. I was glad to see Riley get to keep her gymnastic spot!

Christi said...

W-O-W!!! That's awesome! You guys should go into business:) It's a whole new space now!

Laura said...

I LOVE the room. But really, I would expect nothing less. Have to think on the quote. Too cool!

Mary Ann said...

I love your new room. It is sad that our kids grow up, but I know we enjoy the new stuff they do.

Marcie said...

I gotta tell ya... I am a little sad. Why do they have to grow so fast? That said, the new decor is truly awesome! A very cool place to hang out!

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

So fun! You did a super job!

Lani said...

What a fantastic makeover. I LOVE it! I'm sure the kids do, too.

Cissa said...

How about
"Only shooting stars break the mold"