Thursday, July 24, 2008

Truth

I am starting a new Bible study with some friends called Be Transformed. It is all about living your life in God’s grace and freedom. I am very excited. I lu-HUV grace and freedom. In the first chapter, one sentence stopped me in my tracks.

If truth is what sets us free, then it must be a lie that produces bondage in our lives.

Does that knock anyone else on their hiney? Isn’t that an amazing thought? Anyone? It’s so simple. It makes so much sense. Whatever has you in bondage is most likey rooted in a lie. Everyone has something that has a hold on them.

Discontentment (if I had _______ I would be happy),

or guilt (I will never be able to change),

or comparing yourself to others (My worth is determined by what I do),

or serving God to earn his acceptance (the more I do for God the more he will love me),

these are just a few that women struggle with. They are all based on lies!

Kim wrote a post last week that goes right along with this principle. I love this! I love finding truth. It always brings peace and freedom. I think I probably need to do a lot more seeking of truth. The lies are so easy to believe sometimes, aren’t they?

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Wow! Yes, I need to hear those things. Would love to crash your group--are you using a book (besides THE Book, of course) that I could read?

Robin Meadows said...

This is one of the BEST Bible studies ever! It really gets down to the bottom-line. I'm SO glad you're doing it....wish you had been my leader when I went through it ;)

angie said...

Wow that is so exciting! I just started the same study two weeks ago. Love your insight.

Lani said...

Enjoyed your thoughts... and also thanks for your comments at my house. It meant a lot. Kind of a rough week/weekend.

Kim Heinecke said...

Excellent, Deleise.
Can't wait to hear more about this Bible study!!

Amy Newberry said...

I love this Study!!! I am praying for you.