Friday, July 4, 2008

Exhale



I wanted to give another update on Emery. She is doing well and will hopefully get to go home on Saturday or Sunday. God is doing a mighty work in her tiny body and in the faith of all of those who have prayed for her.

I love this picture of Lisa and Emery. Yes, Lisa gave birth only 8 days ago, has had no sleep or recovery time, has been under extreme stress, and still looks like a supermodel. We are going to cut her some slack in the name of compassion and not hate her for that, okay?

I wish I could convey the feeling of the room when this photo was taken. It was the first time Lisa got to hold her after her heart surgery. Right before this picture, Emery had been laying in her bed resting, but she was pretty fidgety and kinda grunty.

It had been 3 days since the surgery. When the nurse gave the news that she could be held, we were pumped. To watch those two melt into each other and be instantly enveloped in comfort and peace was a beautiful thing. Emery was calmed into a tranquil sleep and Lisa couldn’t get enough of sniffing her sweetness.

Well, until she was suddenly stinky. Still sweet, though.

Please keep praying for Emery’s speedy recovery!

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Beautiful! Praise God for his answers to our prayers!

Sue said...

Touching picture!We are so happy for everyone, and oh so thankful to God.

Erica said...

What a beautiful picture. I am glad she is doing so well. I will continue to pray for her healing.

Theresa said...

Love the picture! Thank you so much for the update. Continuing to pray!

Natalie Witcher said...

mmm, that is so sweet.

Lani said...

So thankful!

Robin Meadows said...

Sweet picture! I've been keeping up with Emery's progress. Thanks for sharing this!

sonja said...

Your blog is so cool! I wish I was as organized and fun as you are! Your the BEST Mom in the world!!!
I admire you and all your talents!
Love, Sonja