Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Decade of Tyler



Today is Tyler’s 10th birthday. There are so many reasons I love having this kid in my life. He is such a blessing.


He has the most hilarious sense of humor. He keeps us all laughing. You never know for sure what you are going to get from him, but he always has something to crack us up.


Several weeks ago we were shopping, looking at beautiful hanging plants and there was one that was so dead. It was just a couple of brown sticks in some dirt hanging on a hook right in the middle of all of the flowing hanging pots. We all looked at it funny, kinda laughed, and moved on. The next thing I knew I heard Tyler’s voice over by the checkout. He was talking to an employee. He was holding the hanging stick-in-dirt. “Excuse me, sir? Could I get a discount on this plant?” The employee looked at me nervously and asked me if he was serious. Um, no.


I love what a leader he is. You can often find him with a trail of kids behind him, hanging on his every word and instruction. He sometimes organizes fun activities at home for Riley and Cole, just to make them have a good time. He is also a leader when he is in a group of peers. I know that his future will involve leading people.


I love that Tyler is filled with passion and experiences everything, good and bad, to the fullest. I love to watch him play goalie in soccer and sacrifice his body, even when he doesn’t have to. I love to watch his blond hair flying as he plays his drums with everything he has. I love to look through his bible and see all of the places he has marked with verses that speak to him. I love that he seeks to hear God. And I know God loves that, too.


Thanks for the wonderful decade, Tyler. You have taught me so much and you bring me so much joy. I love you so much and I can’t wait to see what your next decade holds! Happy birthday, babe.

10 comments:

Lani said...

A whole decade, huh? Happy Birthday, Tyler!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. Hope you have a great day. Thanks for being such a good example for all the kiddos around you.

Sue said...

I can't believe it has been 10 years. Tyler has brought so much joy to us also. Happy Birthday Sweet One, we love you. Oh, and I love that you always sweep the floor for me.

Grammy

Kim Heinecke said...

Happy birthday Tyler! Your mom said she'd be your personal slave all day...

And you have amazingly straight teeth for a 10-yr old.

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler and Mom!!!!

Nice testimony!!

Laura said...

WOW!! Happy birthday! It was quite something to get those last three here as I remember! What a great day to celebrate.

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler. You're one cool kid! Love you!

Marcie said...

He is one of a kind! An awesome guy! I hope he had a great birthday!

Betty Ann said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. It doesn't seem possible that it has been 10 years since you were born. Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives.

Love you.

Grandma Betty Ann

Erica said...

It has been a great decade Tyler! You are a super fun and caring kid. I love you so much!