Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blackberry time







Tonight we went blackberry pickin' at our favorite blackberry patch. It was the perfect evening, kinda cool and cloudy and it even sprinkled on us a little. We look forward to doing this every summer. It makes for fun memories and yummy pies. In the morning the kids and I are going to make our favorite blackberry recipe. Try it, it is so easy and I can not even tell you how delish!

Blackberries and Cream Pie

1 prepared 9" unbaked pie shell
4 cups fresh blackberries
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cream

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place berries in unbaked pie shell. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and the next 5 ingredients together. Pour over berries in pie. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes then turn down to 350 degrees and continue baking for about 25 more minutes till crust is nicely browned and filling is set. Best served slightly warm.

When we got home it started pouring. Perfect timing!
Here is the link to the berry farm http://firstfruitsberryfarm.com/

18 comments:

Kelsey said...

How fun and how delish! I love playing in the rain, too!

Theresa said...

Looks like great fun. My grandmother use to make blackberry jam every year. It was always my fav!

Kim Heinecke said...

I love picking blackberries! Pioneer Woman has a GREAT recipe for a cobbler!! I've made it twice this year already.

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

I love your blog. Read it all the time. I never comment though. I've seen you at church a couple of times and thought...."there's Deleise." Heading over to say hi....like a long lost friend. But, then I realze she doesn't know me----!!!! Love, love, love, your blog. You are precious!!!

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Really, I do know how to spell. I just currently have a two year old climbing all over me :)

Robin Meadows said...

Fun memories! And the pies sounds yummy!

Roger Garrett said...

We used to go out to Choctaw to pick peaches but haven't in a while. Need to do that, thanks for the reminder

ccrisp said...

How fun! Here is the blackberry patch?

ccrisp said...

Where? I can't spell either.

Sue said...

Oh my goodness! Guess where I would like to be today. I can almost taste it.
Love you, Mom

deleise said...

Cari, this one is just north of waterloo on Kelly. It is called First Fruits Berry Farm.

Laura said...

Oh yum!! And the kids look like they were having a good time - picking and playing in the rain!!

Marcie said...

Whoa! Where is this place, and can I go there?!? I love blackberries!!

Riley said...

I had a fun time pikeg blakberries
last nite.
Love riley.

Paper Arts said...

I so wanna be part of your family! Thanks for sharing all of your fun family times. They always make me smile.

Lani said...

Yum... and I'm lovin' the beautiful blond locks. Your kids have the most gorgeous hair. Cuties... all of them!

Erica said...

That looks like so much fun. I want to do it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous kiddos, Deleise.