Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pain



Yesterday Cole had a little accident and he wanted everyone to see. He fell from a pull-up bar and bit all the way through his lip. The picture doesn't do it justice. From the side his lip is sticking out as far as his nose. And the blood...oh the blood. It was everywhere. My friend Amy was over and got to participate in the fun. Luckily she and I are alike in that we don't get too worked up over things like blood. 'Cause it looked like a crime scene over here. He was brave and didn't even make a sound while the dentist was feeling around trying to see if the chipped off piece of his tooth was lodged inside his lip. Yeah.


I'm feeling a little paranoid that DHS is gonna come aknockin' because here is a rundown of my family and their injuries.


1. Cole and his fat lip.

2. Garrett and Tyler are covered in circle bruises they incurred while playing paintball last weekend.

3. Riley chose to give herself a hickey on her upper arm. It looks like someone viciously grabbed her and left a thumbprint bruise.

4. David also has the circle bruises from paintball, plus some other cuts and scrapes he received in a different incident. I won't go into details, let's just say it is sometimes painful to have the spirit of a 10 year old and be trapped inside a 37 year old body.


So that leaves me, the only member of the family without injuries at this time. Suspicious anyone?

18 comments:

Theresa said...

Actually sounds kind of fun. You don't get injured just sitting around. Way to go mom...Nice that you have escaped the injured list!

SheriYates said...

What a sweet family you have Deleise!

Jenny-K said...

I sometimes think I'll hear a knock at the door too, Deleise. We were sitting on the back patio last night with Dustin's cousin and his wife. They have a little boy too. I looked up in time to see both boys standing at the top of the slide with their pants around their knees, peeing down the slide! I think I might hear a knock for that one!

Amy said...

My parents had four of us and they actually used to hop emergency rooms. Their policy was to never go to the same one twice in a row.

One time, when he was only 7 or so, my older brother was riding his bike on the street and was hit by a slow moving car. My Mom rushed him to the emergency room while Dad stayed home with the kids. According to legend, my brother looked up at my Mom in front of the doctor and asked, "Do you think Dad is still mad at me?".

He misread Dad's initial panic as anger for being in the street. I don't think we went back to that emergency room when I broke my arm later that summer.

Laura said...

Hee hee - are you taking them out slowly - one by one?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks painful!!! Tell him he's a tough dude.

Natalie Witcher said...

eeeeeewwwww

Marcie said...

OUCH!! Just like I was saying the other night, more kids = more opportunities for illness and injury... but it also = more love to go around and more fun!
Oh yeah, and I found your mints today while buying a latte at the BX... tasty!

Lani said...

Boys being boys. Ouch. Looks awful, so if it's worse in person I don't think I want to know. *winces*

Amy Newberry said...

O deleise, that is looking bad! I do love Cole. Poor thing! After all he was just trying to show off his muscles to me:) I am sure this experience has bumped us from "Fridge friends" to "EMSA BUDDIES" Love ya girly...next time cookout my house! No Blood involved

Robin Meadows said...

Oooo...it DOES look painful. Tell him how brave we all think he is!

Heard about this from Amy this morning---seeing it gives it a little different meaning!

Roger Garrett said...

My boys are black and blue all the time, but haven't have a big fat lip yet

shanna said...

I love this...

let's just say it is sometimes painful to have the spirit of a 10 year old and be trapped inside a 37 year old body.

I have one of those too!

Kim Heinecke said...

I've dialed 9-1 and I've got my finger on the 1...

Christi said...

O-U-C-H! Glad you are there to get them all bandaged up!

Sue said...

Oh Cole, I'm so sorry. I hope you are all better now. Love you, Grammy

Dea said...

COLE! i'm just catching up on on reading. I am so sorry about your lip! how is it feeling?
miss Dea :)

Dea said...

COLE! i'm just catching up on on reading. I am so sorry about your lip! how is it feeling?
miss Dea :)