Saturday, May 10, 2008

My exciting garage sale find


So we did a garage sale with my sister's family today. It's always fun. The kids have a lemonade stand and the adults have some laughs and we eat a little junk. There are worse ways to spend a Saturday, right? Times were tough this year. We just didn't sell much. Tyler even put out a nickle marked 2 cents and it didn't sell. Come on people. Simple math.


Anyway, I had a very exciting garage sale find.


I'll give you a hint...it was small and adorable... and smart and funny.


No it wasn't a chihuahua, although someone did have one of those for sale and there were some tears that were shed over my veto of some plans that were being made. I mean if a dog is being sold at a garage sale and he comes with a bottle of odor neutralizer...you understand where I am coming from.


My find was...






Oh my word! For real! She wasn't for sale, but still! After we worked to convince each other that, other than today, we normally wash our hair and wear make-up and look quite glam, we stood on the driveway and met parts of each other's fams and chatted for a bit.


My sister couldn't believe that I had never met her. She assumed from my blog that we were dear friends. I explained to her that we kinda are. It's so interesting how you really get to know someone and their family and their heart through their blog, ya know? It's fun. So if anyone out there is reading and not commenting I'd love to hear from you. You are welcome here and we'd all love for you to jump in with your comments and let us know you are hanging out with us! If you don't want to that is fine too, of course. But if you do, bring it on. The more the merrier.


Kim. You rock. I knew you would.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I thought it so strange when I found out you didn't know each other.

Amy Newberry said...

What....Everyone knows Kim:) actually I too just met her. Two weeks ago and then bumped into her at Mathis Brothers while we were both furniture shopping. We had a delightful conversation about enjoying hours of furniture shopping with small children:) Kim you are a blast!

Amy Newberry said...

ps Tell Tyler I'll buy the nickel;)

Marcie said...

I'm kinda feeling like I'm missing out on something having not yet met Kim... Hi, Kim!

Happy Mother's Day to you, Deleise, and to all the other fine mommies out there!

Theresa said...

I must admit at first I was a little amazed that you all didn't know each other. You all sounded so intertwined. Then after a few weeks of reading and commenting and writing I could see that you can feel like you know someone without having met them. I can't wait to get there and meet you all too. I am so looking forward to it!!!!!

Hope you have had a happy mother's day pretty lady!!!

Take it from someone who use to lurk....This is a great group of ladies that will make you feel right at home. :)

Mary Ann said...

Is Kim famous in OK? Sounds like everyone knows her. I must be missing out.

deleise said...

Happy Mother's Day to all you girls!

We can't wait either, Theresa!

Mary Ann, I wouldn't say she is famous...more like a very important link in a rockin' blog ring.

Roger Garrett said...

Kim and I got to meet in Toon Town a month or 2 ago. I guess I must have scared her off since she hasn't been back to visit LOL.
Funny how you can consider someone you have never met a friend

Lani said...

Well, that's just good straight up fun. Very cool. Happy Mother's Day, by the way. I'm sure your "kids" treated you right. ;)

Robin Meadows said...

Funny story how Famous Kim and I met. I held her new baby for her one Sat night at church (so sweet)....then, after some blog-bouncing, she figured out that we had already "met". THEN, she and Chad came to ballroom dancing! FUN girl!!

I love meeting friends I've already chatted with on-line! (like you, Deleise!)

Natalie Witcher said...

Yea, Kim and I are usually attached at the hip, but I was out of town...waaa I want to meet you too!

Oh, yes, Kim does rock.

Kim Heinecke said...

Thanks Deleise! I was chatting about you to my family for the rest of the morning. SO FUN TO MEET YOU!! (I initially missed your Saturday post...and I was going to write about MY garage sale "find" too!! How funny.)

Nah, Kim's not famous. What a crafty illusion :) But you are one of my favorite cyber friends and you make rock star desserts...so who knows!