Sunday, May 18, 2008

New York City- Day 1

Here are the pictures from today!
Most beautiful thing
No, not me after I walked in drizzle for an hour. Behind me. I'm in Grand Central Station. I hadn't been there before today and I had no idea how amazingly beautiful it is! The sculptures and the architecture and the painting on the ceiling. Wow. It is huge and gorgeous. And the people, oh my they were everywhere. It was like Grand Central Station in there. (Sorry, I couldn't help it).

I Ain't Never Seen That in Oklahoma

These mannequins are freakin' me out. They are everywhere and they all have different expressions. They do seem to be having more fun than Oklahoma mannequins, but I don't think it is necessary to rub it in. They frighten me.

My Favorite Thing

Many of you know that I am a sucker for great bed linens. Well, this bed has them. And after a long day of traveling and walking miles around Times Square, I am ready to drop and my bed is about to be my favorite thing. And it has six pillows! Six! One for David and five for me. Oh, you know I am kidding. He can have two.

And our bonus category tonight is...

Breakin' the Rule

This is a picture of David breaking our rule of not patronizing any chain food establishments while we are in New York City. We are committed to authentic NYC cuisine. We have seen many a Chipotle, but we walk on by like we have never met. We broke our rule for Starbucks. Since there is a Starbucks on every corner (and if that is an exaggeration, it is only a slight one), we knew that the Lord was calling us in for some chain coffee. Otherwise why would He keep putting it right in our path? Exactly.

See you tomorrow night!

8 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing the experience....and your theology is right on (for coffee, anyway) ; ). Looking forward to more pics.

Marcie said...

You're hilarious! I'm cracking up at your comments. And obviously, anyone could forgive you for breakin' your rule... ya gotta have Starbucks no matter where you are! I'm glad you're having fun!
(You're right on about the mannequins, by the way... I'm glad I'm seeing them in the morning instead of right before bed - otherwise I might have nightmares!)

Kim Heinecke said...

I want one of those mannequins. Those girls are HAPPY! Looks like a wonderful trip. And I don't see any small kiddos in the background. Oh how wonderful. :)

Lani said...

That bed looks like heaven. And those mannequins freak me out, too. Thanks for sharing New York with us... it looks like you're having a fab time. Can't wait to see Day 2. ;)

Roger Garrett said...

All those people make me claustrophobic

Theresa said...

OOOHHHH How much fun you must be having!!!! Love the bed!!! I is nice of you to share the pillows I don't know if I would give up 2!

I with you the mannequins are creepy. Could you imagine trying to sleep with one of those in your room almost worse than a clown!

Looking forward to more!!

Kelsey said...

I am so happy that the two of you are together experiencing this trip. Can't wait to see more pics. And, hopefully hear about the yummy food you will be eating! Love you guys!

Laura said...

Love the mannequin..