Monday, May 12, 2008

I need to show you a couple of important things...

Alrighty. First of all, last weekend Riley was looking at the Kandinsky painting, Squares with Concentric Circles and she decided to create her own version.



We are calling it Sassy Concentric. You like?


And second, you may have noticed that there was some discussion about my mints. I started trying to figure out where I could get some more because David got mine at a resort in Arizona. My research turned up NADA. They are not to be found in my area. This made me need them even more. The adorable slide-tin and embossed designs on each mint combined with their elusiveness were making me nuts. So look what David ordered to surprise me...






Yes, that is ALL OF THE FLAVORS! All of them! All mine! He loves me. I now have jasmints, a new mojito mint, classic peppermint, fabulous fruit, mimosa mint, green tea mint, 7 deadly cinnamon, spare mint, and night light caffeinated chai mint.


I believe my favorite right now is the jasmint. I mean, just look at it.



Marcie also found a couple of flavors at a secret coffee shop on the secret base where her secret military husband works, but that is not a place I am welcome. Although she did offer to get me some whenever I need a hook-up.


Which clearly won't be anytime soon.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! You guys have some serious art going over there.

So, tell me, is that a real canvas? What size paper if not? My dd needs to do something super cool like this for her room...maybe even for mine!

Thank goodness you have new mints...

Heather W

Lani said...

Riley, that is AWESOME! Good job. I love it!

And those mints. Oh my lands. What a fantastic gift. Very cool.

Marcie said...

Riley is an awesome artist!!! I love it!

Did you hit the mother lode of mints, or what?!? I'll still be glad to stock you up with the few flavors I can get at the base, but from the look of it, you're fixed up pretty well for now -- WOW!! I didn't know there were so many flavors!

Oh, and you're ALWAYS welcome to come with me to the base! I can bring you in with my "secret" ID!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that print. I may like Riley's more! And, your mints! David is so sweet to spoil you with all those mints! What a unique gift. I love those kinds. Hopefully there will be some left for me to sample when I see you next. :)

Natalie Witcher said...

I so thought of you today wondering if you had found the cinnimon bun creamer and low and behold you have it on your list!

you make me happy!

Roger Garrett said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the name on that last tin. I totally missed it on the green one last time. That definitely tells it like it is

Chick4Christ said...

omg! he's so adorable! haha.
i'm glad you got your mints :)

Chick4Christ said...

AND RILEY DID SUCH A GREAT JOB!!! :)

Theresa said...

That is some might pretty art work!!!

Jenny-K said...

Okay, we need to have craft day...bring some mints!

Laura said...

Wow - I see the artistic flair runs in the family. And David wins hubby award!