Thursday, May 22, 2008

New York City- last day!

Most famous place of the day





I’m counting this as today because it happened after midnight last night. If you guys haven’t heard, this is the city that doesn’t sleep. By the way, I took this picture myself. I set my camera on a glass.
We had to have the experience of enjoying a famous frozen hot chocolate from the famous Serendipity. We didn’t see anyone famous, but we just missed Tom and Katie and Suri by a couple of weeks. Apparently Suri had the grilled cheese. And Tom and Katie did a lot of kissing.
.
Fascinating.
.
It’s a very cool little place. David said he thought it looked like an old crazy lady’s house. I think that is pretty accurate. He walked into another room and saw the table where they filmed John Cusack finding true love. I wanted to, but I was too tired to move at that point. It was yummy. And like everything else in NYC, soooo reasonably priced. I'll take four, please.


I ain’t never... We decided to have a “street dog” before we left today. For those of you who aren’t downwidit, that means a hot dog from a street vendor. The thought of this causes me start to break out in a cold sweat, but I decided to do it anyway in the spirit of fully experiencing New York City. Now, it is no secret that I am a major germaphobe. So imagine my delight when I saw that the Street Dog Guy had on gloves. Gloves! A sanitary fellow. And then we paid him. And we saw that the same gloves with which he carefully prepared our dogs were used to collect money and give back change. David could see the panic spreading over my face. He calmly told me to BLOCK IT. I prayed to Jesus and ate the whole thing. Every last germ. It was like my own personal fear factor. And it was deeeeeeeelicious.

Combo category:
Most beautiful and my favorite Hello! My entourage! I missed them so much and I was so happy to pick them up tonight.




A dedication


I would like to dedicate this post to my Fit Flops. You were so good to me this trip. You took me miles and miles and my feet were always happy. I would like to apologize to you for the day that I left you alone in the room and took my Nikes out on the town. I knew in my heart they would never give me the loving cushion and arch support that you give, and I paid for that choice. I want you to know that my Nikes are dead to me. You have earned the highest spot on the walking shoe ladder in my life. You will be the chosen one to take me anywhere that requires excessive walking until the day that the weather is just too cold for you. Congratulations and thank you.

.
Thanks for sharing my trip with me everyone! By the way, Kelsey and Kim, you silly girls, you know I got a chocolate cupcake too.


15 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

So fun! And love the pic of you and David sippin' frozen hot choc! Yummy!

Lani said...

Serendipity! Frozen hot chocolate (shared, no less)! Fitflops! Vendor hotdogs! Reuniting with kids! Cupcakes! All kinds of awesome. Ditto to Robin on loving the pic of you two together.

p.s. So about those Fitflops. I've been eyeballing these for a little while. You say thumbs up? I'm thinking I might have to have a pair in red. Soon.

Kelsey said...

You made it to Serendipity! How did I know what your Favorite pic would be. Can't wait to hear all about this awesome trip in person. Love you!

Theresa said...

How much fun you had!!!! Yeah!! Glad that you made it home and reunited with the kids!!

Natalie Witcher said...

That looks great. Go ahead and pick up a few drinks at Serendipity! GOod night, those are spendy! Glad you're back!

Kim Heinecke said...

I knew you wouldn't disappoint on the choco-heaven desserts!

Hey, when all us bloggin chicks make it big and people are squandering their money just to read US...you can be the "on location" editor and just travel the world eating chocolate cake and taking pics for the uber-cool blog...

oh yeah, that's the life...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us with you, Deleise! Saved me a trip--and a lotta dough. Seriously, looks like great times!

Roger Garrett said...

glad you made it back safe

Rhonda said...

Deleise, I enjoyed NYC via Deleise Overcome...could be the closest I ever get to it! Glad your home safe and I won't mention a word about the subway to your mom! Auntie

Laura said...

Thank you for letting us "travel" with you! I totally enjoyed it and pretended I was eating the cupcakes and frozen hot chocolate with you. Not so much the street dog though.

SheriYates said...

That's awesome! Your family is beautiful!
What kind of flip flops were those??

Marcie said...

What an awesome trip! I'm so glad you made it back safe and sound! I'm looking forward to seeing you next week!!

Theresa said...

So today my shoe collection had an addition, I tried on a pair of your Fit Flops and they just needed to come home with me. I can totally understand how these could replace a true cross trainer. They feel so good they should have Fit Flop Marathons!

Abbi said...

Serendipity is great! I was there my last time (Nov 2007). GREAT people-watching there, whether they are famous or not...how long did you have to wait in line?

Oh, and my friends and I call the hot dogs--"dirty water dogs"...pretty sure that water doesn't get changed all that often. Good for you for sticking it out. :)

Sue said...

Glad you had such a great time! And just wanted you to know I CAN READ. Someday when you are a big girl, I might tell you about my sub experience. GOTCHA!!!!!!