Friday, February 29, 2008

Winterjam 2008



Riley and Cole experienced their first concert last night. They were VERY excited.

They both wore earplugs because they aren’t big fans of loud noises, which is a little confusing because they are big fans of making loud noises. And I would bet my ringing ears that they have reached decibels close to that of a rock concert with their average day-to-day screams. But apparently they prefer to rock at controlled volumes.

We all had so much fun. It was one of those concerts that you are exhausted after. Riley brought her little pink camera and took so many pictures of the performers you would have thought she was their mother. She took a lot of professional quality video with it, too. She may be planning on bootlegging that for a little extra money, I don’t know. That's kinda the way she rolls. Maybe to buy some more fashionable and less fluorescent earplugs.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I bet it was fun to rock out with your kids! I was showing J the pics. He is excited because we are growing his hair long again ~ he says he wants it long like Garrett, Tyler and Cole. Oh, and I was showing him the pics of Riley's b-day and I heard his mouth water when he saw the cupcakes~ literally! Guess he takes after his mom's sweet loving heart.

Garrett said...

It was awesome! skillet rocked!!

Theresa said...

I love concerts!!! I am glad that you all had a great time! I love taking my kids with me to concerts they really get into it.

Jen said...

OK Are you the coolest mom, or what? : )

Tim and Christie said...

Yup. Winter Jam basically rocked our socks off too! We took the older two girls and had a OH SO fun time! Natalie and I had to miss Skillet because she was more than a little concerned at why someone would light a stage on fire on purpose...and also why the band would not be alarmed.

We did meet Barlow Girl and Pure NRG though...And Tim met Skillet...that was way cool, except you are right about being exausted...We couldnt even think of what to say once we met them we were so tired! All day we kept thinking of things we should have said!!! OH well...we can tell them in heaven!

Don't you just love getting to do this crazy stuff with our kiddos!

deleise said...

kelsey-it was fun! That is so adorable about Josh!

garrett-I know! I'm surprised you aren't sore from headbanging!

Theresa- you are right, they do get way into it!

Jen-depends on the day, I think ;)

Christie- I can understand the concern with the huge fireballs! Cole was a little taken back by that too. It was so good, though. They were our fave. That is so cool that you met all of them!

Stef Swindell said...

We went too and had SO MUCH FUN!!! My kids were shocked at the fire at first too, then LOVED it. I loved watching them rock out to Skillet and BarlowGirl - too cute! They got their clothes signed by PureNRG, Skillet, BarlowGirl, and the BMX guys :) I would LOVE to see the pics that Riley took if you don't mind, my camera sucks at concerts and things like that...doesn't take good pics :(

deleise said...

Stef- I'll take a look at her pictures. If there are any good ones I'll email them to you.

Heather said...

Deleise- your kids are beautiful! And I read tonight and had some really good laughs!

Thanks : )

Heather W (FIAR)

Laura said...

My kids love winter jam. Too fun!

shanna said...

HOW FUN! I'm jealous. Although I was having a wonderful date night with my sweet hubby so I am not too jealous :)