Saturday, February 2, 2008

This one is for you, Grammy


Yes you, beloved Grammy…the one who gave Cole this dark brown tootsie roll chapstick. This is how he looks all the time now. Oh, how he adores it, and you for buying it. It’s de-licious. He rarely lets this tube out of his sight. Sure, he is a well moisturized child, and for that I suppose I am thankful. But tell me, did you have to get the one with the magical reproducing powers? Will this stick never run out? Will he never lose it? Or forget about it? Will I send him off to college with this awkward brown clown smile? *Sigh*

Don’t think I can’t hear you laughing.

7 comments:

shanna said...

He is a doll baby! Do you get strangers that refer to your boys as she and her...just wondering because I do with Micah and Silas all the time. I LOVE lil boys with long hair...just melts my heart!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that boy! That stick looks like it's in rough shape!

Sue said...

Cole is a bright light in my life. I can't believe he still has that chapstick. Sorry. Next time I will be more careful. What can I say IT'S CHOCOLATE!

deleise said...

Shanna- yes all the time. Especially with Cole. I LOVE your boys' hair!

Kelse-he loves you too! Tons.

Mom- It's ok. I guess I should just be thankful you didn't get licorice.

Tim and Christie said...

Ok, that boy is going on my list of future son-in-loves! PRECIOUS!

You know he wont loose it...some how do they manage to keep up with things like that, but yet loose things like their shoes and coat??!!!

deleise said...

Christie, sign us up! We'd like to reserve one of those Gunkel girls, please. You are right, he'll never lose it.

Robin Meadows said...

Too cute! You guys are funny. I remember taking Anna to the grocery store more than once in full Cinderella costume, crown included. Hey, it's what we do when we love our kids!