Monday, February 18, 2008

Escape

Panic ensued a few nights ago when someone realized that our cat, Cutie, wasn’t in her room. Everyone knew she had been left in the mudroom, WHERE COULD SHE BE? You have to realize that my children treat this cat like she is an infant. They cuddle her, talk baby talk to her, dress her in doll clothes, knock each other down to get to her first. I swear her feet never touch the ground because she is always in someone’s arms. Oh, she is a princess. She seems to eat it up most of the time. But even a princess can be over-coddled. And now she was missing. These kids were like a crazed mother who had misplaced her child at a kidnapper convention.

And then we saw her.



We aren’t sure how she got up that high. But God bless her, she found a place of refuge. A place where no one could get to her. A peaceful spot of her own. I swear she was smiling. I’ve got to admit, I was relieved for her. And possibly a little jealous.

Congratulations Cutie, we’re playin’ on your terms now.

But don’t think you can keep them from stalking you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart cat!! Back home we had garden shelves (Openings in the top of walls) throughout the house. The cat LOVED them and would jump from one opening to the other and scare the living daylights out of any unsuspecting passerby.

Laura said...

That is funny! Cats are funny creatures! Some days I wish I had a hiding spot too!

Jenny-K said...

That's great! I couldn't find my cat one time, and after hours of seaching, finally found him in the bathroom cabinet under the sink. He didn't want to come out.

Sue said...

Good for Cutie! Is she in the mudroom? Riley looks pretty determined to get to her.

Chick4Christ said...

Haha! thats too funny!! Thanks for making me smile. :)
your kids are the cutest! i miss seeing you guys!

shanna said...

I am really jealous too! I want to hide in your mudroom :)

Marcie said...

Poor kiddos... I know how scared they must have been when they couldn't find their furry friend. I've been there. I'm glad Cutie wasn't found swimming in the neighborhood pool or worse... stuck in thorny bushes by the pond in your friend's back yard! (Did I tell you about the time when I was very small and our cat was found stuck inside the wall!!!)

stacy said...

great story, deleise! i really enjoy your blog! :o)

SheriYates said...

ok - the picture of the kid in the doorway is CRACKING me up! I forgot about climbing doorways! Wonder if I should teach my kids tht trick?? :O)

you have a ton of readers! that's awesome!