Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bacon-wrapped smokies

I got this simple recipe from my friend Keri. Or Amy. Maybe it was both. I now take it to practically every party I am ever invited to. People who have eaten these before will begin to weep with joy when they see you come in the door with them.

They are worthy.

1 package cocktail wieners
1 lb hickory smoked bacon
1 cup packed brown sugar

Wrap individual wieners in about 1/3 of a piece of bacon. Secure each with toothpick and place in a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.

If you don’t like these… seriously, something is wrong. Really wrong.

Seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have made these a few times for different occasions up here and I am worshipped for them! :) They were the only things completely gone by the end of our church's superbowl party. Actually, I thing they were gone in the first 30 minutes! Love you!

Theresa said...

They sound great!! We always have a big thing for the Talladega race. I have just added these to the menu.

Jenny-K said...

Okay Deleise, I just posted a blog on my page just for you (it even has a picture). You've been tempting me with recipes, so I'm getting you back!

Natalie Witcher said...

yummy! I think it's the brown sugar part that sounds the best.