Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy birthday, Riley!



Today is Riley’s 7th birthday. I can’t even believe I just typed that. It just seems like yesterday that we brought her home in the middle of a snowstorm, draped in all things pink. This child brings me so much joy and happiness. The last 7 years have been filled with fun and blessings that I couldn‘t have dreamed up if I tried. I love that God gave me this girly girl that loves pedicures and shopping and anything that is pretty. I love that she was swooning over how beautiful the bathroom tile choices were at the tile shop yesterday. I love her precious smile and her tender heart. I love that she wakes up early just to kiss her Daddy goodbye and then crawls into bed with me and goes back to sleep. And I am so looking forward to our future adventures together. And even though right now she looks older than I want to admit, and she is sassin’ around the house singing along to her MP3 player, I still look at her and see my baby girl.

And speaking of girly girl, we must share a few pictures from her party. We tried to make it kind of like the American Girl Café. For the small price of only a few sleepless nights, I even figured out how to make seats for the dolls. Planning this party was as much fun as the party itself.





Her friends all brought their favorite doll.



Riley and I had such a great time making the food that was all small and fun.




This is the best part of the party. And I had nothing to do with it. Garrett and Tyler asked if they could be waiters and serve the girls. They wanted me to rent them tuxes, but I got them to agree to tux t-shirts instead. They were awesome waiters and the girls loved it. So any of you who look at Riley and think, “Oh, poor thing, in a house full of boys…” Yeah, right. She couldn’t be luckier.



Happy birthday, sweet girl! I love you!

16 comments:

Theresa said...

What a great party! It makes me want to be 7 again.

Tim and Christie said...

SHUT UP!!! Will you plan MY birthday!!! That is PRECIOUS! What a fun Mommy you are!

Anonymous said...

You are incredible! Wish we could have been there to see it in person. I love my beautiful niece ~ can't believe she is 7. And, I love my nephew's hearts. That is so cool that they wanted to do that. Oh, my mouth watered when I saw those cupcakes...seriously!

stacy said...

beautiful pic's! and what a delicious-looking spread! i am sure your 7 year old feels very special! isn't it amazing how time flys? i was contemplating that very theme myself as my kids grow up (despite the brick i have tied to their heads! ;o))

Kim Heinecke said...

I've got three boys so this will most likely NEVER happen in my house! But it looks adorable... Enjoyed browsing your blog!

Laura said...

Though I am not in the least bit surprised by the party, it looks like it was precious! Of my - will you plan my parties? I have one every other month to throw!

Christi said...

What a setup! It was beautiful! You do make a very nice party. I bet Riley was tickled *pink* :)

Sue said...

Thr party was so much fun! The table looked beautiful, and the food was too yummy. My precious daughter did a great job AGAIN. I love the pictures. Love you.

The Rusty Hoe said...

Deleise you are one amazing mom! Kudos to you for blessing your baby girl with beautiful memories! Happy Birthday Riley Girl!

Jenny-K said...

That is precious, and look at those boys in their tux shirts! I love it! She is a lucky girl.

Natalie Witcher said...

ok, you look like super mom. i took my kiddo bowling. Still, she loved every minute of it! Thanks for the great idea!

ccrisp said...

What a wonderful party!!! I had as much fun as Kennedy. The thought of those chocolate cupcakes makes my mouth water.

shanna said...

Oh this makes me want a girl...real bad! Love you! Tell Kelsey I finally emailed her back.

Stef Swindell said...

WOW...you are so planning Journey's 6th birthday this summer. And I am going to "hint hint" to Noah about the waitering thing :) LOVE IT!

Erica said...

This party was so special. Taryn had a great time and so did I! The food was wonderful. Taryn loved looking at the pictures. You did a great job as usual.

Amy Newberry said...

This is so awesome. I can't wait to plan madison's party this summer! You are such a fun mommy. I really appreciated your comments on my blog regarding christian. We need to hang soon!