Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fudgy scrumptiousness


I am going to start posting some recipes occasionally just because I think it is fun to share recipes.

I love this brownie recipe because it is made in one bowl and you always have the ingredients on hand. And it is so yum. Even the kids can throw it together and not mess it up. It’s pretty fudgy, so if you prefer cake-like brownies, this one may not be for you.

I adapted this from my sis-in-law‘s delish brownie recipe. I needed a recipe I could throw together at a moments notice.
.
Hers calls for chocolate chips, which I never have on hand. I don’t keep them on hand because they…um…don't stay on hand. They love to taunt me. Oooh they think they are so cute. Even if I try to put them at the back of the freezer they harass me. They yell “You can’t eat me!”
.
So I must prove them wrong.
.
Because bullying will not be tolerated here.
.
So I had to adapt the texture and taste a bit to make it scrumptious using things I keep on hand. You know, more polite ingredients.

Fudgy Brownies

1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
½ cup cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 sticks melted butter
¼ cup milk

Mix all together. Rub bottom of 9x13 pan with wrapper from butter. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until edges are slightly pulling away.

6 comments:

Jenny-K said...

Oh, that sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Marcie said...

After reading that, I feel like I need a big tall glass of ice cold milk!

Anonymous said...

I will have to try these. They sound more yummy than the original recipe (uh, yeahhhh, with all that butter!) Love ya!

stacy said...

oh, i think i'm going to have to try these! i am a big fan of brownies!

The Rusty Hoe said...

I love fudgy brownies. This recipe looks easy and you're right...those ingredients are always on hand.

Chocolate chips taunt me too.

Chick4Christ said...

mmm sounds good! i'll have to try it :)