Sunday, March 30, 2008

Riley's big night

Last night at church David baptized Riley. That was my third baby to be dunked by their daddy in the big inflatable pool at church. I love that our church invites the fathers to have that honor. Last night I was thankful for many things. Obviously thankful for Riley’s decision and that she is a girl after God’s heart. Also, thankful for our big, fun extended family we had surrounding us and celebrating with us afterward.

But what I was most thankful for last night was my husband. Watching the joy he got in baptizing his little girl melted my heart. He is a strong and amazing man with a heart for raising a Godly family. He is an incredible leader and he is passing that down to our kids. He knows the power a father holds and he puts everything he has into his role and savors it all. He inspires me to be as good of a mom as he is a dad. And for all those things, I am insanely thankful.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already told that pic made me cry...it did it again. I love you guys so much and I thank God that we have the two of you to help us model after...we are blessed.

Kim Heinecke said...

Those are the sweetest parenting memories. My husband baptized both of my boys (his step-children) and it really does bring so much glory and honor to God for Godly dads to lead their children in baptism.

Congratulations! Your child's decision is a testimony to the kind of home you have.

*Heather said...

Oh that is SO sweet!!! ;)

Amy said...

Yay for Riley!
I have three brothers and my Dad baptized all of us. It was like our earthly father giving us in marriage to our eternal Father. I will never forget it, and I bet Riley doesn't either.

I envy your church's pool. We have a jacuzzi in someone's backyard that we use.

Theresa said...

That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing such a sweet and special time!!

Marcie said...

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes... what a special moment... one I know you'll treasure always.

Christi said...

Very precious! What a special moment for Riley:)

Natalie Witcher said...

LOVE THAT!How great for her baby heart to be seal up in Jesus. Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

Jen said...

That brought tears to my eyes. How sweet!

Roger Garrett said...

My wife and I were at that experience very cool to see. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Laura said...

Oh, melt my heart!! Yes, I've read "I Kissed Dating Goodbye". And Taylor is reading it now. Email me your # - I'll tell you all about both of them! Very Good!!

Anonymous said...

Now that just warms this momma's heart.

Jenny-K said...

Oh, I wish I had been there! that is so awesome!

Erica said...

What a special night. I am grateful I got to be a part of it. Riley is such a special girl of God!