Thursday, March 6, 2008

Serenity Now!

Just needed to share what is happening in my home right now. We are having two bathrooms redone at one time. Apparently that seemed logical at some point. Here is a picture of my relaxing tub.

Doesn’t it just scream “tranquil retreat?” Yes, it does. And I think I’ve got it now, but the first middle-of-the-night when I forgot about the remodel and stumbled into our bathroom…well, I think I’ve got it now.


Oh, you must see the wallpaper we are ripping down. While I think I might appreciate the aesthetics of it if I were an elderly woman, I’m just not quite there yet. And although it is putting up a fierce fight to cling to the wall, I will get it all down. I will. And I’ll get it’s strong-willed friend, Coordinating Border, down as well.

And here is a picture from Riley’s bathroom.

Let me tell you, there is nothing funnier to a 5 and 7-year-old than a toilet sitting in a shower. They could laugh for hours over this. Me, on the other hand? Not so much. While I can appreciate the Dr. Suess Wacky Wednesday-like quality of the scene, the thick gray dust and six of us currently sharing one shower and two toilets has my humor taking a little break. It’s just not that funny, people.

But I have a dream. A dream that one day I will not be tied to my house all day long, and I will have floors…and toilets that sit on little holes with plumbing. A dream that my family will once again be able to breathe after treatment for tile-dust-induced lung infections. A dream that everyone will be placed into their rightful showers. Then I will never again take for granted the glory of the un-demolished bathrooms. At least not for a long while.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least now you have more reason to go ahead and tackle that wallpaper you've been wanting to get rid of forever! Does Cole go sit on the potty in the shower? I bet he thinks he's the funniest!

deleise said...

I know! I have hated that paper since we moved in.

Unfortunately, due to safety issues, Cole has had to admire the shower toilet from the door. You are right, though, he would be in heaven if he could sit there right now.

You know who I am surprised hasn't sat there....

Chick4Christ said...

hahahah omg Deleise! i'm sorry, but i'm just like Cole and Riley... i cant stop laughing! :)

But i am sorry for what is happening, trust me, from a girl whose dad likes to ALWAYS construct our house, i've been there before, but prob just for not as long.

I hope it comes together soon! :)

Jenny-K said...

I'm there with you this week Deleise. I feel like we moved out and back in in a matter of 3 days.

Marcie said...

So you can still relax in your tub while taking care of other business at the same time? That's what I call multitasking!
I know a little about being tied to your house all day -- I'll pray this passes quickly!!!

David said...

To paraphrase Lloyd Braun: "Serenity now, tranquility later."

Tim and Christie said...

You know...I know someone whose family believes it necessary to shower EVERY time they visit THE bathroom...(you know, BM, Poop, #2,etc...LOL!) That arrangement you have going could really be helpful to them!

OH, and yes...we are just recovering from our tile-induced lung and sinus problems after 3 weeks of the volcanic ash settling! I am sure it will be beautiful soon!

Marcie said...

I thought it was "Serenity now, insanity later."

shanna said...

I love your blog. You always make me smile!

Christi said...

Ok- since you brought up the "serenity now" phrase, I keep saying it (and thinking of Kramer yelling it). ha ha