Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Luv


I enjoy looking through my kids’ Adventure Bible. I love how they take some things I have known about for years and make it look completely new to me. Possibly it is more on my level. Possibly I just cut myself down. Anyway, here is a paraphrase they did on the love chapter in 1 Corinthians. Read it and you will get a mind picture of yourself on some of them. At least I did. While I’m sure they were talking about standing in line at the water fountain or the slide, I pictured myself standing in line at Wal-mart. Many times that is not so lovely. But for the love why do they have 68 check-outs and only use three of them? Oh, um…back to love.

Love will stand in line and wait its turn.

Love looks for the good in others.

Love doesn’t always want what others have and it doesn’t brag about what it does have.

Love is polite, even when the other person is rude.

Love doesn’t always have to be first.

Love doesn’t get angry over the small things, and it doesn’t remember one reason after another to be hurt.

Love isn’t happy when someone else fails, but is happy with the truth.

Love will always protects others, especially those who are often picked on or teased.

Love always believes the best about others and is steady and true.

Soooo...looks like I might have a little work to do...

7 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

I'd be a better wife, mother and friend if I could see the world the way kids see it -- a little simpler like that passage. (And I'd probably need bigger pants if I saw the world this way because those kids of mine don't see chips and cookies as dangerous!)

Laura said...

Thanks a lot. Nothing like a good dose of conviction. And I have no idea why Wal-Mart continues to under use their check out ability.

Natalie Witcher said...

leave it to the Bible to set things straight. Love that passage even if I can't live up to it by myself.

That heinecke, sooo funny!

Jenny-K said...

Maybe that's the Bible I should start reading. That made a whole lot of sense!

Robin Meadows said...

Hey, thanks for sharing....this love stuff is harder than we think! Been spending quite a lot of time in this chapter recently myself.

Love simplicity!

Tim and Christie said...

"Love looks for the GOOD in others." SO strange...This is basically what the theme of my next blog was going to be about!!! When I make my return that is. :)

And wal-mart? Oh my dear...I TRULY believe that ANY presidental canidate could win the heart of my husband...if not the whole country by solving this problem!!! LOL!

shanna said...

simple..not easy! Love it!