Sunday, March 16, 2008

Worth a thousand words

A few nights ago I was flipping through the photos on Riley’s camera. I don’t do that very often and it is a strange feeling seeing things through her eyes, things that I didn’t even know were going on when they happened. I was quite entertained by the experience, so I decided to pick a few of my faves and share them. I also took the liberty of naming them. Because that is what you do with fine art.


I’ve titled this piece "Busted." This photo was taken in Cole’s room. To give you a little perspective, the C-O-L-E on the wall hangs above Cole’s bed. I am amazed by this photo because apparently Cole is levitating. I know this because we have a no-jumping-on-the-bed rule here, and I am certain that Cole would never break a rule. And that Riley would never encourage him by photographing his offense.

.

I refer to this one as “Manly Man” because this little guy is obviously quite secure in his masculinity. Look at him all lounging on Riley's Princess bed in his camo. Not ashamed one bit that he is being photographed among the pink and purple fluff.

.

"Hero." I love this picture because David loves this picture. You see, Riley has a very girly room, but on one of her shelves she proudly displays a football card of one of her Daddy’s football heros, Warren Moon. This alone completely melts her Daddy, but the fact that she is also attempting to photograph it in her spare time, well, he can just barely wrap his swelling heart around that one.

.

This lovely piece is called “Centrifugal Force.” Now I am no detective, nor was I a witness, but I can almost guarantee you that the fan was turned on high shortly after this shot was taken. I am praising God today that my children survived the dust storm that must have certainly followed. At the same time, it’s a good feeling to finally check “dust Riley’s fan” off my to-do list.

.

And finally, I present to you "10." I love that Riley has taken a couple of hundred pictures of her doll, Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn is always so cooperative in photo sessions. She sits very still. This was my favorite because we are all just so proud of her for studying her gymnastics book and learning to stand on her head. Look at her, all straight and strong. I bet she ended with a beautiful finish. I bet she stuck it.

And that concludes the showing of Riley’s photo art. I have a feeling I will be back with more.

10 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

That's cute! Hey, I met a friend of yours at Dos Gabachos, but gerr, I can't remember her name. Maybe Kim will!

Anonymous said...

Love these! How fun for you to see into parts of their world you may otherwise never know about.

Heather said...

Deleise I just want you to know that I bought the American Girl doll scrapbook kit just today for my dd so she can scrapbook herself with her girls!! It'll be in her Easter basket on Sunday.

Now I know she needs to be borrowing her brother's camera.

I think my favorite is the ceiling fan photo. Awesome. And I bet Kaitlin stuck it too!

Heather W

Laura said...

That is great! I love the ceiling fan pic. Maybe I should try that for all mine and get them clean! Wait until she is a teenager. Then all the stinkin' pictures she takes will be of herself making weird faces!

The Rusty Hoe said...

Through the eyes of a child...life is just so much more FuN!

Chick4Christ said...

Thats soo cute!

When I have kids, they're all going to get little cameras haha.

Its cool seeing kids perspectives and intrests.

Silas LOVES taking pictures! and its so fun to see what he takes pictures of :)

love ya!

Marcie said...

Loved the photos!!!!
And by the way... how is it that I didn't know you had a chocolate fountain?!?

Kim Heinecke said...

was her name Amy?! She went to HS w/ my Chad. LOVE the photos...my boys are starting to say, "hey mom, blog this!" when they come up w/ something (they believe to be) funny. We're creating monsters...!

Jenny-K said...

Ah, this brings back memories of when I was little. i used to set up all of my barbies and stuffed animals and have photo sessions. i can't believe how much money my mom probably spent printing them out.

Jen said...

This was too funny. It reminded me of when I came back from Cyndi's house a couple of weeks ago to find that Jack had documented everything he found there with about 53 shots.