Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break Adventures

We just got home from Chicago. My sister and I took our daughters to the American Girl Place. I just can not even begin to describe what an incredible trip this was. Our girls are best friends and are more like sisters than cousins. We had the most amazing time together. We laughed until we couldn’t breathe. We ate way too much. We shopped. Oh, did we shop. And we bonded even closer than before. Which I wouldn’t have thought was possible. Here are a few highlights from our trip.

It was the first plane ride for both girls!




Ready for bed in matching jammies!



Shopping at the AG Place



Lunch at the beautiful American Girl Cafe




We had the best table in the cafe. Right in the center, overlooking Michigan Avenue



Check out the adorable dessert. The flower pot is filled with chocolate mousse



The girls had a photo shoot and got their pictures on the cover of a souvenir AG magazine



Leaving the store about 8 hours after we got there. It was a full day, with shopping and lunch, and hair styling, and photos, and the theater, and shopping, and shopping...



David and the boys weren’t that interested in the American Girl Place (I know! Whatever!), so they went to a hotel 20 minutes from our house to swim and watch movies and eat junk food. The highlight of their time was when a rock band staying in the hotel approached the boys to tell them their hair was cool and started talking and found out Garrett plays the guitar and Tyler plays the drums. And surely David mentioned that he plays Guitar Hero and Rock Band any time he gets the chance. Anyway, they gave them an autographed cd and made their night.




Other than that, they played a game of soccer in the 70 yard long hallway (David is sore). And "got in trouble” from hotel management. But not for the soccer, it was later. For disturbing the peace. Which I can’t imagine because they are normally just as quiet as mice.

I wonder if it was around the time of this photo…



Or this…



Anyway, we all had a great time and we are happy to be back together!

16 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

Looks like a fun trip with the girls. I'll have to settle for riding dirt bikes with my boys since I'm the only skirt in our house!

Erica said...

This was a trip that I will never forget and I don't think our girls will either. We had such a great time with you girls. I love that Taryn and Riley are as close as sisters. We are missing you and the cheesecake badly right now. Thank you for all the great memories. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. LYLAS

Laura said...

I can't believe how big Taryn is! Seems like yesterday your sister was pregnant! Goodness how time flies! What a great trip! :-)

Marcie said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! That looks like it was so much fun! I've always secretly wished I'd had a sister... Darin is great, as brothers go, but we don't exactly giggle and share secrets. I will say he's a decent shopper though. It looks like your men had an awesome time as well! They are too cool!

Robin Meadows said...

A fun week for you all! Memory making!

I LOVE Chicago!

Natalie Witcher said...

FUN! That girly stuff looks GREAT! Love the hotel pics too. What a great spring break.

Garrett said...

It was awesome!! BTW, Tyler and I won the hallsoccer superbowl 5-1.

YESSS!! WHAT NOW?!

Amy said...

How awesome a trip is that? Proof positive that sometimes God lets a get a real kick out of being here.

Jenny-K said...

I'm glad you guys had fun...which it definitely looks like you did! Missed seeing you this week at Garrett's lesson.
And tell David I'll take him on in Guitar Hero anyday. I haven't been blessed with playing Rock Band yet.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to see a post about your trip today! How wonderful! Bet the girls are still on Cloud
9. Love you!

Amy Newberry said...

How fun is that! Your family Rocks!!!! We are doing sooooo much better. J is on the mend and we truly appreciated your prayers:)
hoping to bump into you again on a late-night wal-mart run:)

SheriYates said...

Oh my goodness! I love this trip! My girls would GO crazy! All the matchy matchy is straight up their alley too! My 4 year old wants the whole family to match...sorry hubby! Pink's for HIM!

Thanks for stopping by today (my site. :O)

*Heather said...

What a fun wonderful time it looks like you all had! ;)

Chick4Christ said...

omg what an amazing spring break! that must have been so fun :)

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Paper Arts said...

Looks like a blast. You always have such great adventures. Can't wait to see you next week.