Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Chocolate Molten Rock Star


This was a rock star that fell from grace. You know so many rock stars do. It normally looks like the picture to the left, but on the tragic night pictured below, it ended up all over the floor.
.

The lesson I learned here is that you want to place your brand new brightly colored and adorable ramekins in a pan with sides, not on a cookie sheet.
.

I also learned that my friend’s husband finds nothing offensive about tastin’ a little somethin’ off his own floor. And that he is precious enough to clean up a huge mess of chocolate and shards of glass while his wife and her friends mourn the loss of their beloved rock star.


This is easy and so good. It's like the chocolate molten cake at Chili's only better.


Chocolate Molten Cakes

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour

PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Butter four 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflĂ© dishes. Place on baking sheet.
.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk. Stir in flour. Divide batter among prepared custard cups.
.
BAKE 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately, topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce.

9 comments:

Chick4Christ said...

mmm looks yummy! haha. you crack me up though! this reminds me of our 6 layer falling wedding shower cake! haha.

Laura said...

Oh man! That stinks! It is very sad to lose chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Wow...it does sound easy. I love easy and delish. I can't imagine the loss and anguish you 4 must have felt that night. What did you do? Run to Braum's? I miss Braum's.

Jenny-K said...

Dustin will be so happy with you that you shared this recipe. We can't get out of Chili's without some chocolate molten goodness. Thank you!

Marcie said...

Ah, one of the most stellar of rock stars... brought down at the height of its glory. Still brings a tear to my eye... What did we end up doing for dessert that night anyway? Were we too distraught to eat? Nah....

SheriYates said...

ok - YUM! I am coming over! I have a not so pretty recipe for one of these - get this - in the CROCK POT! It is SO yummy!

Ok - I didn't know you homeschooled! we need friends... We just started homeschooling this year... best year of MY LIFE! Praise God!

Can you play one day?

Go to my profile and you can email me privately...ok?

Jen said...

Oh my. On my list for tomorrow: some brand new brightly colored and adorable ramekins. Oh yes.

Natalie Witcher said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Erica said...

That was a sad night. What did we eat. I know we had to eat something sweet, but I really don't remember.