Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fondue fun



If you don’t have a fondue pot at your house, I beg you to get one. It is just so much fun to cook at the table. This is one of my kids’ favorite meals to do. We end up sitting around the table forever, cooking and talking.

Our favorite thing to cook is cubes of marinated steak. It just takes about 90 seconds to cook a cube, so you can have one cooking while you are eating the one you just took out.

And let‘s be honest, nothing says fun times like the anticipation of possibly getting a pot of hot oil spilled all over you or your loved ones, right? Aw, I'm just kiddin', it’s safe. The oil is very shallow and most pots have a magnetic attachment to the cord so if anyone pulls on it, it comes loose and the pot doesn’t move. You can also get cordless ones with the sterno flame thingy under it. So do it.

We also love to do chocolate fondue and dip fruit, pound cake, marshmallows, pretzels and occasionally fingers in it.

Fondue=love.

15 comments:

stacy said...

dzdi love it! we are a fondue family, too! :o)

Bobbi West said...

Okay, never used a fondue pot like this... have to say, sounds fun and a bit weird. I might need directions....!

Anonymous said...

Awww fun!! When we went home to Calfornia to visit I was given not one but TWO fondue pots. I was so excited, but when it came down to packing everything the kids got and bringing it home the pots had to stay. I wish every day I had made room for them, but really, it was just not possible.

Laura said...

I have say I have never had a fondue meal. But I am always game for a little fun! And a new idea for dinner!

deleise said...

Stacy-I'll have to find out what all you cook in yours...

Crazy-Do you have a fondue pot? It should be in the directions, if not I can tell you how. I happen to know that fun and weird is right up your alley.;)

Sheri-that stinks! You should have shipped them!

Laura-your kids would love it

Kim Heinecke said...

We've "fondid" a few times but I'm curious to know what you cook your meat in? I've tried a few concoctions but haven't found the one "hot oil / broth" treatment I love. Good reminder to dust off that "pot o danger" and get to skewin'...

Jen said...

That looks like fun! What kind do you have?

And you have my dishes!!

Marcie said...

Yummy fun! I wonder if I smell a fondue party sometime in the not-too-distant future?

The Rusty Hoe said...

Now where is mom in this picture? Oh! I know! I know! She's standing ON HER CHAIR snapping the picture!

What fun!

shanna said...

Great idea! I will have to try it!!

deleise said...

Kim, I've used a mixture of butter and oil before or just veg or canola oil which is what the directions call for. I've found that what you marinate it in is more important to the flavor than what you cook it in.

Jen, we have a Rival. That's funny about the dishes. I change dishes all the time.

Marce, let's fondue!

Oney, you know where I was, right where you always are!

Shanna, your guys would love it.

Marcie said...

Can we call it "Fundue" ?

Garrett said...

We also have the choclate fountain. You get to stick you're head under it and see who can drink the most chocolate in 30 seconds. lol just kidding, but it is cool.

Jenny-K said...

Rachael Ray calls it 'fun'due for a reason!

My Blessings From Above said...

Oh this looks like so much fun!! I am going to have to get a fondue pot. Never knew you could do meat in them.