Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mocha Fudge Rock Star



It’s time to introduce you to another rock star. I think you are ready. If you are not familiar with the rock star reference, click here. My sister first made this one for a girlfriend party. And I have forced her to make it a few times since. It is so good that it I prefer to be alone with it so I can really focus. She has made this for me before in an effort to get me to stop crying. I stopped. It was great alternative to pills or therapy. Try it.


Oh, by the way, the photo above is from a magazine. Picture it without the walnuts and wimpy drizzle on the plate. We pour the sauce on top of ours with large pitchers. What is up with that drizzle? She eliminated the walnuts because we want no lumps or foreign objects interfering with our pure fudginess, but you can feel free to add them if you are weird.
.
God bless you, sister-by-chance-friend-and-rock-star-maker-by-choice.


Mocha Fudge Pie

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1-1/2 cups walnut halves if you are weird
1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)


FUDGE SAUCE:
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee

Coffee ice cream

Directions: In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir in cream until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in coffee. Serve pie with ice cream and fudge sauce. Yield: 8 servings.

6 comments:

Laura said...

And imagine, I have all of that in my cabinet. They are screaming at me to allow them to come together and bless our family with all of it's rock star goodness. And of course to bless my thighs, hips, and butt. What's a girl to do but give in to the calling of pantry goods and create this masterpiece? And walk an extra mile of 12. My backside and cellulite thanks you sweet friend.

Now, off to celebrate my 10 year olds birthday with good old Betty Crocker. It has suddenly lost it's flair.

Garrett said...

that looks GOOD!
how come I've never had it???!

Anonymous said...

Is this the dessert you would tell me and tell me about and I asked and asked to have it and it was never made! And, now I live all the way in WV and I will have to make it myself! I am yelling!!!!

Garrett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deleise said...

Laura- it's worth it, I promise!

G- You've never had it 'cause you don't go out with me and my girlfriends.;) Although I'm sure they would love to have you. I'll save you a piece next time.

Kelse- I know! We need to make it in April.

Marcie said...

I LOOOOOVE that one!!!! Sorry we never saved any for Garrett... it couldn't be helped. We were powerless...