Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Princess Unveiled





This, my friends, is a princess.

When my friend Wendy, the daughter of my friend Angie, asked me to take pictures of her and her amazing boyfriend on prom night, I of course said yes. When that night came, and I opened up my front door and saw the symbolism, the tears started. And I'll tell you why.

I have known and loved Wendy since she was 12 years old. She is now almost 17. She has been the subject of many of my prayers. I have watched her go through more hard stages and dangerous phases in these years than you can imagine. She has been a searching, lost soul. But the search is over. And the soul is no longer lost.

She has found incredible joy in Jesus Christ. And He turned her into a forever princess.

Oh, I’ve seen the princess in there all along. There were just some thick layers that had to be painfully removed before she could see the princess. God threw some amazing people in her dark path to light the way and she will never be the same. Sometimes it seemed hopeless for her and for those who loved her, but He knew the whole time what was about to be unveiled.

She now knows exactly who she is. She seeks God’s approval instead of man’s. She stands for purity because she knows she is worth it. She continually blesses her family and everyone who knows her. She is a beautiful woman of God. And it is for eternity.

This makes me cry because I tell you, the road from the depressed girl with jet black hair and lips, to this glowing girl in pink ruffles and a tiara was long and difficult and treacherous.

It is a true redemption story. One of my favorites.
.
And it’s better than any fairytale ever written.
.

14 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

Oh, that's sweet! I love that last pic the most!

Chick4Christ said...

thank you sooo much Deleise! you have no idea how much this means to me!!!

This almost brought tears to my eyes too! Oh i do remember the days of my jet black lipstick!my i was confused! I'm soo glad I finally found out who I truly am in Christ! :)

THANK YOU!
love ya
wendy

Amy said...

I have a dear friend who is going to be so encouraged by the testimony in this post. Thank you for sharing. And thank God for redemption!



(If you click on the trash can one more time on deleted comments, it will give you the option to delete forever. Way to fight the robots.)

Theresa said...

I remember reading Wendy's story. She is an amazing princess!! God is awesome!

Great Pictures!!!

Laura said...

Love the pictures and the reminder to us all that it is God's redeeming love and grace that we need! And our children need!

Jenny-K said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I've never gotten to meet Wendy, but she seems like a wonderful, sweet young lady. I love the princess look!

Robin Meadows said...

I had already seen most of these on Wendy's myspace. You did a wonderful job on the pics and I know it must have been fun too!!

Wonderful redemption story...love that girl!!

Marcie said...

What a beautiful story... and what a beautiful girl... inside and out... I have tears in my eyes having read the story, and then I went and read your piece on Garrett being a teenager... Girl, what are you doing to me?!? I've gotta have a big box of Kleenex next to the computer if I'm gonna keep reading your blog.

SheriYates said...

I know her mom. What a wonderful story of redemption! Great photos!

Dea said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angie said...

I TOO THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE PICTURES DELEISE - YOU DID A GREAT JOB.
JUST ADORABLE ISN'T SHE!
GOD IS SO GOOD! - ALL THE TIME!
THANK YOU JESUS FOR REDEEMING THIS PRINCESS - THERE ARE NOT WORDS TO EXPRESS THE EMOTION I FEEL.
I LOVE HER TOO!!!!
MY BABY GIRL :)

shanna said...

Isn't He amazing??? Oh how I love her!

Lani said...

Look at that princess. She's a beauty. Our boys babysitter went to prom last weekend. If we hadn't been sick, we were going to dress the boys up in their suits and have them get their picture taken with their babysitter, Erika (or Ee!kah as our youngest enthusiastically calls her), dressed up in her "princess dress". Saw her pictures tonight when she came to watch the boys for us on date night and she looked amazing, too.

Nikki said...

My heart is overflowing with thankfulness as I read this young woman's beautiful testimony! ~ Nikki (FIAR)