Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Check it out, Little House on the Prairie fans

We have been doing an Oklahoma unit and yesterday we went to a Land Run. Riley wore the dress I wore for “Pioneer day” when I was in kindergarten. Isn’t that adorable?





Riley and Cole with a friend




The goal was for everyone to look very serious in this picture. Mustaches call for serious. But not everyone could pull it off.



We even ran into Taryn’s class while we were there!


I had to take a picture of Riley and Taryn’s shoes. Nothing says 1800’s prairie girl like a well worn pair of Rocket Dogs.



Tyler trying out the “old fashioned games”




Waiting to stake our land. Which Garrett told me he planned to lease.



This week we also made some pioneer food, homemade strawberry jam and biscuits. And we made a miniature covered wagon and filled it with things we would take on a land run.









Tomorrow we are headed to Guthrie to ride a trolley to see the first capitol of Oklahoma, and to have lunch in an old fashioned eatery.


Now tell me you aren’t singing “Oklahoma” in your head right now. Go ahead. Belt it out.

9 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

I loved doing that when I was a kid!

Marcie said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!! I love that Riley wore your dress! I feel like going to dig up all my old "Little House" books...

Jen said...

My niece who is in K wore MY pioneer dress to her land run yesterday!! I need to find that picture!

Laura said...

That is great! She looks like Holly Hobby!! Too fun!

Jenny-K said...

Deleise, you are such an awesome mom! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Robin Meadows said...

(big smile) Ahh...Deleise--you're great!

Roger Garrett said...

Man you went all out. We made a stick horse and figured that was good

Lani said...

Love the Rocket Dogs... they really make the outfit. ;)

Kim Heinecke said...

LOVE LHOTP!!!! Ah, I remember the days I dreamt of being Manly's girl...seems like just yesterday. Wait...what was yesterday's date...?

looks like fun!