Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ok, Amy, I'll come out and play

My friend Amy tagged me, so here ya go!

Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago I had a three year old and I was pregnant. I think I was still trying to wrap my mind around motherhood and I was falling in love with my role. I was occasionally struggling with my identity and we were in the difficult process of getting out of debt for good.

Five Snacks I enjoy:In a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
1. Starbucks-grande-decaf-nonfat-toffee-nut-latte-light-whip. Oh wait, you said perfect world….full fat and double whip.
2. Roasted almonds
3. My sister’s toffee o’ perfection
4. Homemade, gooey, chocolate chip cookies
5. A snickers bar with a Diet Dr. Pepper. It really satisfies.

In the real world:
1. Amy had “I have a hard time gaining weight“ here. I started to leave it just for fun. That would be fun. I’ll leave it. Maybe it will come true.
2. I still hate cat hair, but I am learning to cope a little better in the name of loving my children. (no, they aren’t cats, but they love one)
3. I am a homebody.
4. I love burnt cheese.
5. I don’t like getting up early. Which is why we don’t start school until sometime after 9:00. Works for us.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Secretly meet other people’s financial needs.
2. Study lots of world history and art and take my family on a field trip to each place we study. Starting with Italy.
3. Pay off all of our family’s houses
4. Hire someone to dress like, act like, and perform the duties of Alice. (Brady bunch, people)
5. Decorate my house with lots of fine art

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Halmark gift shop employee
2. Factory worker-Those summers of shift work repeating the same action 2000 times in 12 hours were torturous, but the money lasted me the whole school year!
3. Kindergarten teacher.
4. Mural artist.
5. My current position-teacher, nurse, chef, housekeeper, counselor, chauffeur, and CFO.

Three of my habits:
1. Clicking the mouse as I walk by the computer to check email. I do it on my sister’s computer sometimes, embarrassing!
2. I like my spices alphabetized and facing out. If you mess with that you better look out.
3. I have a little antibacterial gel habit. It’s rubbing off on my kids. We may eventually need counseling, but we will go to our sessions without colds.

Five place I have lived:
1. I’ve only lived 4 places, all in OK
2. Weatherford
3. Shawnee
4. OKC
5. Edmond

What do you want others to get from your blog:
I guess I want to entertain my friends and family. And maybe inspire someone and show that God’s grace makes my life what it is.

Five People I am going to tag!:
But don't feel obligated! Just do it if you want to. I honestly mean that. Sometimes you just can't get to it!
1. Laura
2. Monica
3. Theresa
4. Kelsey
5. Jen

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love burned cheese. It's the best part of a well made lasagna.

Amy said...

Oh! And we don't start school until after lunch. Cause that's how I roll.

Kim Heinecke said...

I'm a burnt cheese fanatic too! When i make quesadillas or something I drop a little extra shredded cheese in the pan so it canheat up & get hard...lil snack for the chef...yum.

Marcie said...

Did you have to clarify your comment on Alice? I mean are there really people out there who aren't familiar with the Bradys?

Oh, and burned cheese is definitely yummy!! I love that we agree on so many important issues in life!

Natalie Witcher said...

I love burnt cheese too! Me too with Amy, we only do school in the afternoon! if we do it at all!

Roger Garrett said...

Burnt chees on pizza is great, I already got tagged. Kind of like the Kevin Bacon thing

Jenny-K said...

Haha! I'm off the hook. Didn't get tagged.