Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Halloween for us is just a family fun night. We always dress up and have dinner at my sister's, then head out to work it for some sugar. It's tradition and we love it. This year was another successful night of candy gathering for our children. My sister and I made costumes, and they were pretty funny, if we do say so ourselves.

When we went to the American Girl Place last March, Riley and Taryn put the boxes from their new dolls on their heads.


We laughed for an unusually long amount of time over this and the girls decided that they wanted to be life-size American Girl Dolls in boxes for Halloween. They never changed their minds, so we granted them their wish. Kind of like the fairy godmothers of Halloween.




Garrett, Tyler and Tristan wished to be pizza.

Granted.

You're welcome.

Which was kind of funny, because last year they were all bananas.
.
Oh the fun you can have with felt and hot glue, people.

................................last year


And Cole was Funky Kong from Mario Kart Wii. Even though he kept getting called "Pirate" and "Rapper," and "Cool Dude," he knew in his heart who he was.


Here's our big cousin group before we took off. Including Noah, a BFF's kid. Who is basically a cousin because it was only about a year ago that we discovered our kids actually thought his mom was our sister because, well, it just seems like she is.
Happy Halloween everyone!

12 comments:

Lani said...

What FANTASTIC costumes! Glad you had such a great Halloween.

Amy said...

You have some mad hot glue skilz, Sister!
I used my awesome Goodwill shopping skilz this year. The hot glue burn of aught two still haunts me.
Happy Halloween!

My Blessings From Above said...

great costumes!!!

Mary Ann said...

Love the costumes. Can't wait to see you all at Thanksgiving.

Marcie said...

We had such a blast with you all! And I don't care what anyone said, Cole made the Funky-est Kong I've ever seen!

Sue said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE COSTUMES!!!

I'm glad everyone had fun.

Love you

Anonymous said...

I just love you to pieces. You already know that though. :)

Harkreader Family said...

I LOVE the costumes. You are sooo talented:) It looks like you all had a great time!

Kim Heinecke said...

You are indeed gifted in the art of hot glue. I'm pretty amazed!

Natalie Witcher said...

SOOO great! You are stinkin' amazing!!!

Tristan said...

Another fun Halloween! I wonder what they will want to be next year!

Betty Ann said...

I love all the costumes. Deleise, you are so creative with that glue gun and felt! Looks like everyone had a great time.

Love,

Grandma Betty Ann