Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Soup

My kids have always loved cooking. And kitchen time together can make such great memories.

One fall when Garrett was about ten, he and I made up a pumpkin soup recipe. We tried different things and worked on it until we had it just how we wanted it. We've made it every year since. I love this card that he wrote it all down on. I'll keep it in my recipe book forever.

This is a dessert soup. Please do not fix it for dinner. Well, unless you want to be really happy. But don't fix it for dinner expecting hearty and savory. This is sweet and rich. Oh baby.

Pumpkin Pie Soup

1 can pumpkin puree
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups milk
1/2 small box vanilla instant pudding

Mix together and heat in saucepan until blended and smooth. Cool and refrigerate. When ready to serve, place in individual bowls and sprinkle with graham cracker topping (below).

Graham Cracker Topping

1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix together in a large ziploc bag.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

I have this one written down on my meal plan for the next month. Can't wait to try it!

Jen said...

This sounds delicious! I'm not sure whether to thank you or be mad at you... ; )

Kim Heinecke said...

oh, that sounds yummy! I'll have to try it. for dinner. after my beach vacation, of course!

Anonymous said...

I think that it is neat that the boys like to cook. Good job mom!! I thanked my mother in law everytime I saw her for raising my husband to cook. He loves it and does most of it in our house!

Marcie said...

Whoa! That's something! Can you put it in a cup and take it on the road... kinda like a pumpkin pie shake? Sounds incredible!

Lani said...

Yum... I honestly would have that recipe matted and framed, I tell ya. ;) How sweet.

Andi Hawkins said...

You are such a good mom.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I love celebrating family, food, fun and friends. This is a perfect example of celebrating family and food. I love it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!