Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Don't forget...

To roast your pumpkin seeds!

We just had some for lunch. It's another great kid cooking activity that is so easy and muy deliciouso!

Cut off the top...



scoop out the goop...




throw it in a bowl...


rinse and let dry overnight on a cookie sheet...



Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes. Stir them every 5 or 10 minutes.

Yum! Next time we are going to try some with cajun seasoning and some with cinnamon and sugar.

And with the leftover pumpkin...


Have fun!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Great job on the pumpkin carving!!
Enjoy eating the seeds.

Lani said...

Those seeds are addicting. I can't keep my hands out of ours! Cute pumpkins.

Amy said...

Our pumpkin was carved this afternoon and this post has robbed me of my right to plead ignorance. I'm off to rinse the seeds. :)

Cheffie-Mom said...

We roasted pumpkins seeds last night. YUMMY! Great job on the pumpkins! Happy Halloween!