Monday, June 2, 2008

Power

I think we can all recall times when God has rescued us from something. Probably too many times to even remember. Surely times when we weren’t even aware of it. And certainly when we didn’t deserve it. He is the ultimate rescuer.

But how about when He sends someone on this earth to rescue you? Someone flying in on a horse wearing armor and wielding swords to tear things up for you? Just for you.

Right now I feel like a rescued princess.

Right in the heat of a struggle that continually threatens to devour me like an angry fire-breathing dragon, David stepped in front of me with his dangerous arsenal and said enough is enough. Spiritual authority taken on my behalf. It is extremely powerful when coming from the head of a home. It feels safe. It feels secure. It feels empowering. It makes my dragon seem not so ominous.

Did you see that? I just rolled my eyes at my dragon.

Can someone please hand me my tiara?

8 comments:

Theresa said...

That is the cutest thing. Cindy might know where to find a tiara. I think she said something about Craig's list. We were literally talking about tiaras the other day.

If she can't find you one send me your address....I will hock Buddy (Natalie's Dog) and get you one on ebay!

Lani said...

Yay for knights in shining armour. Beautifully written, Princess.

Robin Meadows said...

YOU are loved! ; ) It's quite attractive when our men fight for us, huh?

Laura said...

You are funny! Serious, purposeful with your words, but still stinkin funny. Have you found your tiara? I just finished reading This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness last night! How funny you would talk about your slain dragon.

Amy Newberry said...

I get this more than you could ever possibly know. I love your heart. thanks for always being so real.

Marcie said...

What a vivid word picture! Devin always calls himself my "sheepdog"... standing guard over our family like an old junkyard dog that nobody'd better mess with. Thank God for rescuing us over and over. I can't count the times He's rescued me! Thank God for Godly husbands... our knights, our sheepdogs!

Kim Heinecke said...

There is NOTHING better than men fighting WITH and FOR their wives in the spiritual realm. !

Natalie Witcher said...

Love it when my man takes charge!