Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stunt girl

Riley purposely drove this
Off of this

and all she got was thisSimmer down, sister. You were the only person living in this house that I didn't have to daily worry about breaking a bone.

Aw, I'm kidding. The kids with casts are always having more fun. Just don't break anything too important.

Don't worry everyone, it's not a real 4-wheeler, it's just one of those 3-mile-an-hour battery operated ones. Here's how we came to own it.

About a day after we got home from the hospital after Garrett's serious real 4-wheeler accident my dear friend and neighbor (who incidentally, had been at the hospital with us, bringing my other kids gifts and snacks to keep them busy) called me and it went a little somethin' like this:

Her: Hi, ummm, I have something to give you that I feel a little awkward about...

Me: Ok...what is it?

Her: Wellllllllllllllll, it's not the best timing, but we are cleaning out our garage and the kids are ready to get rid of it and I thought yours might enjoy it.

Me: You know we love your free stuff. What is it?

Her: It's a... well, it's a... 4-wheeler.

Me: clunk (that was me hitting the floor)

I've come a long way since that day. I've even stopped wrapping my kids in bubble wrap when they ride it.

And when they run.

15 comments:

Theresa said...

Good Job Mom!! She looks like she had fun!!

Amy said...

When my kids climb trees, I make note for them of the "head injury" height versus the "broken limb" height. I prefer broken limb height, personally.

Kelsey said...

Tell Riley ~ "You go girl!"

Marcie said...

Can I have your leftover bubble wrap? Noah could've used some this morning when his head made a close encounter with the closet door... and again later when he met the floor upon walking through a door... He's napping now, so I think he's safe... for a while.

Anonymous said...

sweet battle scars!

Kim Heinecke said...

Scars are cool and everyone knows it.

Laura said...

ha ha! And they can move better out of the bubble wrap!

Robin Meadows said...

She's my kind of girl!

Susan said...

That could totally have been my daughter. You know, the one with a broken leg at 18 months.

Fun times those were.

Roger Garrett said...

Kids are tough, we have lucked out so far on trips to the ER

Lani said...

Ouch. But I bet my arms looked like hers most of the time when I was growing up. ;) I could use a few lessons on how to not wrap my kids up in bubble wrap. Any suggestions?

Natalie Witcher said...

bubble wrap...that's funny

SheriYates said...

I am totally the helicopter mom...I think that is why my 1st still asks me if she can have a snack (she's almost 9). If I tell a little sibling she can have a snack, the oldest will still say, "May I too?"

Yesterday, I put them in 2 hour swim team - and I left! I knew I would be hovering waiting to RESCUE a child! Big step!

SheriYates said...

by the way, the 4-wheeler is awesome! I would love to ride it!

Alana - The Mommy said...

OUCH! But WOO HOO all the same time. Some kids fear nothing...

I think my little J2 is one of them.