Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Expression

My kids are so different and I think that is so much fun. It really amazes me that kids raised in the same house can be so different. It definitely helps me appreciate their unique personalities. I think one of the biggest differences I see in my kids is in self expression.

I have one that is a short answer kind of kid, a couple in between, and one that is a bit of an over-sharer. His excitement to relay thoughts is really pretty funny, although sometimes our eyes glass over before he finishes his very animated statements and thoughts. This morning when he woke up, he wanted to let me know that it was a rainy day. Here is how he conveyed to me that It's rainy.

Mommy! I woke up this morning and it was kinda dark in my room so I looked out my window and I saw that there were some drops of water dripping from the leaves on the tree so I looked down on the deck where they were dripping and I saw that the table was ALL WET and then I looked at the deck and I noticed that it was darker than normal because it was SO WET and so I knew for sure it had been raining!

No, we won’t be slipping any precipitation by him.

You should hear him when he wakes up to snow.

I keep a tranquilizer on hand for that.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Does he start over again if you interrupt him? We have one of those, oh dear! God must have known I needed some lessons in patience.

Marcie said...

I wonder if I can guess who you're talking about....
So cute!

Amy said...

So, I woke up this morning and got my coffee and then sat down to see if you had updated. I went to my Google reader and it turns out that SEVEN of my friends updated. So, I read this one post about snakes (scary!) and then I read this other post about an AC that is threatening to quit (even scarier!) and then I read something else, I don't remember what, but I think it was something funny maybe.

Anyhow, I finally made it over to this post and I have to tell you, my little girl does the exact same thing. I haven't a clue where she gets it.
:)

Lynn Hasty said...

Oh, my! Our kids are the same way with their extremes, and yes they have the same parents, ate the same food, drank the same water. :) It's just too funny!

Lynn

Theresa said...

I think that is too sweet. I can't wait to meet your little people. :)

Sorry again for the scare.

Kelsey said...

I love him! I love how different my boys are...it really is crazy b/c they both came from us and like you said are raised in the same house.

Roger Garrett said...

does he breathe during that oration or does he get it out in all one breath

Robin Meadows said...

haha! Anna used to come downstairs and tell us her dream---in great detail...it. took. a. long. time... ; ) Gotta love those passionate personalities!!

Natalie Witcher said...

My kind of kid!

Lani said...

Sounds like my kind of kid. I often get lost and lose people in my details, too. And Amy... you crack me up.

Alana - The Mommy said...

Oh, our kids are going to have fun together. See? I told you I am serious about coming!