Friday, January 2, 2009

Forts just aren't what they used to be

For some reason this year, it was the Christmas of weapons. Doesn't that sound dreamy? Like a Christmas card? Like a Norman Rockwell painting? Not by my choice, cause I'm not a huge fan, but apparently I am in the minority. This house has been overrun with nerf guns of all kinds. Automatic, Rambo-ish nerf guns.

Today the kids spent hours upstairs in the hall, building forts and having wars. They were divided into two teams. I just really wanted you to see these forts because they made me laugh.

First we have Garrett's team.

If you know Garrett, you are not surprised that he had a hidden camera and a monitor set up so his team could keep watch on the enemy without exposing themselves.



Next is Tyler's team.

If you know Tyler, you are not surprised that he had a small refrigerator as the bones of his fort, insuring adequate refreshment as his team fought the good fight.

Because honestly, what good is a fancy security system if you dehydrate while enjoying it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...Forts are cool!! I'd want the fridge too.

diane said...

I wanta play! I like the style of these fort-builders!

Anonymous said...

Now, that's innovation! ;)
~Robin

Jen U. said...

Too fun!

Nicole Knox said...

How fun. My boys love making forts (wait thats their dad) ha ha

Natalie Witcher said...

Ah man! I loved making forts!! In fact, I think I'll go make one right now!

Kim Heinecke said...

I wish I was a kid and my mom asked you to babysit me for like 3 days...

Mandy said...

This is so fun. And yes, for the record, I definitely can not look cute. :)