Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More stocking fun

I've had a couple of people ask me about my dad's fun stocking tradition that I posted from last year. If you missed the post, it was about how my dad hides money in our stockings every year. It lists some of his past hiding places, like the time he drilled out a chocolate, put the large bill inside, and rewrapped it. He works hard to make it extremely difficult to find. The hunt is a whole long event in which the adults rip through their stuff trying to figure out my dad's hiding places.

This year David's money was inside a sealed hard plastic package behind a key chain tool. It was sealed, I tell ya. Like that melted plastic sealed.

I can't remember my brother-in-law's, but my sisters was inside a stuffed Christmas door hanger. He had ripped the seam and stuck the money inside and hot glued it back together.

Mine was the hardest of all this year. After ripping open every package in my stocking and searching for probably 20 minutes or more, I was completely stumped. My dad handed Riley a little metal stick thingy and told her to give it to me and tell me to go fishing.

I finally figured out that it was inside a bottle of lotion, rolled tight and sealed in plastic with a magnet attached to the top so I could fish it out.

This was the most creative a difficult so far. I am scared for next year.


Those high IQ types just can't do anything the normal way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great!!!

How much fun that must be every year!! I wonder when he starts planning which gift for who and where.

Marcie said...

I always thought your dad was a genius... What fun!!!!

Kristi said...

I love your dad!!!! (your mom too, but this is about him:) That is so cool! I can so see the four of you tearing the place apart. What great memories.

Kristi said...

Oh, and I'd been meaning to ask about this, so thanks for sharing!

Rhonda said...

It was amazing to see these four seemingly adult people tear their stocking gifts apart! Each gift scrutinized and picked apart like monkeys with a new banana! With packaging left like tissue in a hurricane! Way to go, Robert! What a perfect holiday tradition... Thanks for letting us be witnesses to this incredible event!

Jenn said...

I came upon your blog through a Facebook search, while I was looking for people that I went to W'ford with (including your sister). Anyway, I love your blog and would love for you to tell her that I say "Hi".
Thanks,
Jennifer (Warren) Cromwell

rainydaymichele said...

That is hilarious.

Happy New Year~

Leslie said...

Too funny!