Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Have you had them???

Wasabi Peas.

They are a crunchy, spicy perfection from God.

And somehow they have slipped past me until today. For that I have deep regrets. But it's ok, I have my whole life ahead of me.

They sit on the second shelf of my cabinet and call my name as I walk by. "Deleise, come eat me. I have the salty crunch you desire. And I might even be healthy...we aren't sure."

And I run to them because who am I to argue with a pea that has Asian wisdom?

All I know is if these things are actually considered vegetables, my food pyramid is about to do some balancing out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they wonderful?!!! We go through them pretty quickly around here and as an added bonus they are a snack that ONLY Mike and I will eat. That seldom happens!

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen them. Next to the peanuts at the grocery?

deleise said...

Robin, they are by the Asian products, like the rice vinegar and sushi stuff at the I-35 walmart.

Sheri, I LOVE that my kids hate them! Is that bad?

Marcie said...

You're hilarious! If you like them straight from the can, you should try them in an Asian snack mix. Pretty tasty...

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Deleise you always make me laugh! Have I told you I love your blog!? I'll have to give them a try. Do they taste like peas? I'm not a big "pea" fan. Okay, that was funny but I don't know how to reword it to make it sound less silly.

Kim Heinecke said...

The Mr likes them. I most certainly do not. But if your food pyramid "balances out" I will rejoice with you. Cause you're a hommie.

Lani said...

Never heard of them, but from your description? Must. Try. Them.

Andi Hawkins said...

I don't know how I am laughing so hard at spicy peas!! I will so look for them when I go to the store.

Alana - The Mommy said...

I thought of you yesterday when I took my friend shopping. She and her dh are huge spicy snack food fans. I told her she needed to try them, that they come highly recommended from a friend. She loves them, her dh not so much. So, thanks for the cool points with my friend!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Found some at Crest (w/ the Asian food). Not the same brand, but I consumed 1/2 the pkg on the way home....whew! Those things are spicey!

Anonymous said...

I love wasabi peas. You should try wasabi soybeans if you can find them. Target used to sell them.