Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas fun


During the few weeks before Christmas, we spend a good part of our days having fun doing Christmas activities. I don't feel bad at all for going a little light on the academics for a bit in the name of making Christmas memories with my kids. Don't worry, they are still doing math and writing, and I feel confident they ain't gonna lose all them smarts they been a learnin', kay?


Today I'm sharing how we made Kiss Countdowns on my other blog.


These are very easy. And fun because you get to eat a chocolate every day. And you don't have to keep answering the question "How many days till Christmas? I'm not asking because I want presents, Mommy, I know Christmas is about Jesus being born, but how many more days till we open presents?" I am certain you know the drill.


Every day I plan to post on Fireside about a Christmas activity we did that day. You guys let me know if you have any great ideas, too. That way we can all share and have a grand ol' time.


Christmas is fun. It's really fun.

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Hmmm... a chocolate a day... I like it! Christmastime IS fun. I think I'll be having even more fun if I can ever finish decorating my house...

Kelsey said...

I plan on making mine tonight...finally!

Marcie said...

...and if you use dark chocolate kisses, that's kinda like taking a daily vitamin. I mean, dark chocolate's good for ya... am I right?

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the new kisss with the Hot Cocoa Creme' centers. Taste like a truffle. Not that I would really know because I am not really eating candy. LOL

Andi Hawkins said...

Thank you thank you thank you. A chocolate a day will surely keep the Christmas whining in check. I'm going crazy down here!

Kim Heinecke said...

That's crazy talk. Who can eat just one a day? WHO? I want names...

Tristan said...

Tristan told me on the last day of Nov. that he wanted to do that this year. I forgot until I just read this. I guess we could still make them and just eat 17 kisses in one day.

Lani said...

How fun. Not many days left on the KISS countdown, is there? I'm really wanting about 24 hours before Christmas Eve just to get my feet on the ground, but I fear that's not going to happen. *sigh*