Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bakin' with Buddies

What's more fun than a Christmas baking day with friends? That's what we did yesterday for school. It was...um...home ec. And...math, yeah-we doubled recipes. Oh, and socialization. Cause you know how unsocialized these homeschoolers are, good grief they never even see the light of day! They don't even know other children exist! Their only friends are the goats they milk to make their own yogurt! It's awful. Horrible I tell ya.
.
Here are some children who look like they know what they are doing. This is right before they accidentally left the lid off the blender and exploded crushed oreos all over the house.


We made pretzels with kisses and M and Ms on them...



And oreo balls...


And a very serious batch of chex mix...


And peanut butter cookies...


And Amy removed Cutie's stitches on the counter...what? You guys don't do that on baking day? You should. You really should.

8 comments:

Amy said...

You are so weird. We could so be BFFs in real life. My only concern would be getting my homeschooled kids to open up to your homeschooled kids. They do so rarely see the light of day or friendship.

Kelsey said...

Looks yummy! Except for the cat sprawled on the counter! Eeww. Sorry. Are those Jules kids? They have gotten big!

deleise said...

Alright, just so everyone can rest easy, there was no food out in the kitchen when Cutie was on the counter. Then we thoroughly disinfected the area. Trust me, we are both germaphobes.

Jen said...

bwa ha ha ha ha I love the cat part. That would so happen at our house. Jay took a thing off his friend's head in the dining room once and now every time Jack sees him he thinks Jay is going to cut on him.

Oh yeah--and I bought the baby a shirt today that said "Too cool for school." I'm gonna get this one early. ; )

Marcie said...

You homeschoolers know how to have a good time! Except, where are the culottes? (hee hee... just kidding...)
Seriously, that's my kinda learnin'! I'll show up anywhere if I think there's gonna be Chex Mix!

Anonymous said...

yummy

I wanted to come have fun!

Lani said...

Oh you had fun. I got a kick out of your "unsocialized homeschooled kids" bit. ;) I'm hoping we get to make cookies tonight. Minus the cat, of course. Ha.

Stef Swindell said...

Ok, I was almost in tears looking at this...I so miss homeschooling and the hs community :( Pray my babies come home soon....love you guys and keep on having fun with those kids!