Monday, September 1, 2008

Try this


I just made this one up last weekend. I am a big fan of the spicy/creamy combo. If you are too, I think you may just like this one. It is so easy. I think my favorite savory flavor right now is chipotle. It’s spicy and all smokey…love it. You are going to need a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I know that sounds scary and hard to find, but it is not. You can find it in the Mexican food section of most grocery stores.

You can even get it down to the Walmarts.

Creamy Chipotle Chicken
2 chicken breasts
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
8oz cream cheese
½ cup milk

Grill your chicken breasts with minimal spices. I just did a little olive oil and some garlic salt on mine.

While they are cooking, make the sauce.

Take 1 or 2 small peppers from the can, depending on how spicy you want it and trust me, start small. You can always add more as you taste it. Chop the peppers up pretty finely and set aside.
Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat.

Melt the cream cheese into the milk. I cannot be responsible if you choose to use lowfat or fat-free cream cheese. Do what you want, but don’t come cryin’ to me, okay? It‘s a cream sauce for crying out loud.

Stir in your chopped peppers and about a teaspoon of the adobo sauce that is in the can. Again, take it easy and add some if it’s not spicy enough.

You are now finished with your complicated sauce.

Now just chop your chicken and stir it into the sauce. We ate this over brown rice.

I’m already thinking about ways to serve it next time and I’m thinking it would be yummy in a casserole dish with rice on the bottom, chicken and sauce on top of rice, and cheddar cheese broiled over the top. Oh Oh OH, and crushed tortilla chips on top! Yes!

Here’s what I did with the leftover peppers because there are a bajillion of them. I dropped them one by one onto wax paper and topped each with a little sauce (making sure they didn’t touch each other) and put them in the freezer. When they froze I popped them off and put them in a freezer bag for later.

10 comments:

Theresa said...

And how many points is that....You are killing me. Like if I lived there I would have to get you to do weight watcher conversions on this stuff. :)

I miss you.

Lani said...

Sounds yummy... and btw- Love the new picture of you and your hubby on the sidebar... it's a fantastic picture of you two!

Marcie said...

That sounds fantastic! I know that you know I could eat Mexican foods practically every day... I'm gonna have to try your idea soon. I love having a talented, creative friend such as yourself whose fabulous ideas I can copy.

Roger Garrett said...

man you are creative, now I am really hungry

Natalie Witcher said...

uuuuh, that's kinda long for me. got anything that includes WCD's?

Sarah Markley said...

that looks heavenly. i can almost smell it!

Taunda said...

Yumm-O, I'm going to make that this week. Thanks!

Robin Meadows said...

Love chipolte! And those canned peppers? They keep like forever in a ziplock container just in the fridge. I think they're too hot to grow any bacteria! :)

Kim Heinecke said...

Deleise, you're too good.
Tomorrow I'm trying your Creamy Italian Chicken from our "class" with you.

Erica said...

Ok. I'll try this.