Monday, January 21, 2008

One of those days

Oh, yeah, it’s been one. My day prompted me to send an email to David.

I regret to inform you that I will be resigning my position effective this evening . Please begin to make arrangements for a replacement. I will finish out my day of listening to your children deafen me with drum playing/screaming/loud rapping. I will also continue cleaning out your 6 year old's room against her will while she tries to stop me from throwing away small bits of trash. I will ignore the fact that your 5 year old is sabotaging my efforts and begging for the few things I am actually getting into the trash can. I will forgive your oldest son as he laughs at my fits while my computer is messing up. I will try to come up with something for your dinner and will attempt to clear a path for you to walk to the kitchen. I will be wearing the same thing you saw me go to bed in last night, as will be your children. It has been a rewarding time with you and your family and I wish you all the best.

If my day doesn't sound early retirement-worthy, it’s only because I edited out some hairy details to protect the innocent (well, no one was innocent..I should say to protect the guilty).

How do you think this wise and experienced man responded to my resignation? He brought home Chipotle for dinner. Veeeeery smooth. I’m actually thinkin’ about staying and trying again tomorrow.

So…off to unpack my bags.


By the way, if you haven’t been to Chipotle, for the love of mike drop everything and go immediately.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day was so nuts, but did you say Chipotle? Do you guys have one of those now!? We love that place. We should move back.

deleise said...

Kelse if you move back I'll buy you a burrito...whadaya say?

Mary Ann said...

Sorry for a crazy day, but I am glad to hear that other people have those days too. I woke up this morning with Elizabeth poking me in the cheek and wanting to watch TV and then throwing a fit because I told her to turn off the lamp.

Tim and Christie said...

Oh, Deleise!! I feel your pain... and your joy! Im glad you decided to keep your position I have no doubt that the search for your replacement would have been impossible!

And oh I can't wait to get to Chipolte!

Anonymous said...

Remember that list of 30 things you published? Couple weeks from now today will be a part of that list. Look at it this way, this morning when the alarm sounded at 4 a.m. I hit snooze and kept sleeping. Shortly there after I got kicked in the head by a four year old. Ideal? probably not, but it got me up and to work by 5:30. :)

Sue said...

I'm glad you're staying, you can't be replaced

Jenny-K said...

Is Chipotle open now? I know it's right up the street from me, but I haven't seen the light of day since, well wait, this afternoon.
Anyway, this reminds me of a Beth Moore blog a while back where she talks about leaving. After spending the day with a friend, she's home in time for dinner. When her husband asks how her day was, she thinks to herself 'I left you today'. I think that was Beth Moore's blog, pretty sure anyway. Thought it was fuuny. Going to bed now 'cause I'm rambling. Night.

The Rusty Hoe said...

Oh my. Now that was good! Chipotle. Smart man!!

Alana - The Mommy said...

Oh the Chipotle! It is only 4 hours away... I can make it by dinner.

Glad you married a really smart man! Oh the travesties Chipotle could fix!

Stef Swindell said...

I would so send one of those letters if my hubby had email at work, but he remodels/installs floors and such, so no email there. I could text him a shortened version though :)
I love your humor, we should get together and have a coffee :)

deleise said...

Stef-any time! I tried to get onto your blog but couldn't. My email is deleiseklaassen@cox.net

Ethan H said...

You definitely already posted this picture. No repeats, please!