Monday, August 25, 2008

God plus girls


I spent my weekend with these amazing ladies at the Beth Moore conference in San Antonio. If you have never been to hear Beth Moore speak, OH you should. She is incredible. She is so passionate and so full of truth that you just can’t hear her and leave unchanged. And see her in San Antonio if you can. It’s a mighty fun place to hang out.

Ok, check out Cissa, the woman in the green skirt that I am hanging on. Do you see who she looks like? Do you?? She is Shawn Johnson’s long lost twin. Is she not? This causes me to call her ShawnJohn for short. ShawJo for short-short.

She not only looks like her, she shares in her gymnastic ability. See?



And she is adorable with a capital adore.

Here is Amy kissing the glass case in the Chocolate Factory. Oh I love that girl. This was right before we may or may not have spent 20 bucks on fudge.


The first morning when we were getting ready to leave our hotel and head to the Alamodome, we opened up our balcony to thisCome on now, that’s just fun. We are pretty darn sure He did it just for us. Right as we were heading off to hear of his promises. Get it?

So I am home. I’ve shared my weekend with David, which is what I have to do to make things real and complete for me, and now I am feeling content and happy and mentally refreshed.

I really do love a good God+girls’ weekend.

17 comments:

Cissa said...

So I am leaving a comment ok? For those who don't know, I am Shawn Johnson! Okay, well I am a cheap knock-off. But pretty good at being me! I had so much fun on this trip with you girls. The hype to meet you was huge, and you met it head on, full force, and in style. I love you and I love your heart! Those pictures are fun!

Anonymous said...

I am still a little sick to my stomach that I couldn't be there. Beth is my gurl. I lu-HUV her.

On another note, SA is the greatest, isn't it? I lived there for 4 years and have the fondest memories there.

Go Spurs!

Kim Heinecke said...

Deleise, did you already replace us with new Invisible Friends? Say it isn't so...

Sue said...

I'm glad your spirit is refreshed. Sounds llike a great weekend, and I can't wait to hear about it. Love you.

Mom

Robin Meadows said...

Want to hear more!

Marcie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!!! So fun, and so awesome to be refreshed and energized... we all need that from time to time.

Amy Newberry said...

We TOTALLY spent 20 bucks on FUDGE! You already blogged I AM IMPRESSED!!! So blessed to be your friend. Really I am. I love, love, love, love YOU! and so Does GOD!

Christi said...

OH- I'm so bummed that I didn't get to go. My ticket sat here and stared at me all weekend just taunting me:)I'm so glad you ladies had fun and I truly hope to make the next Girls weekend.Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Lani said...

Looks/sounds like a great weekend to me. We are also big, big fans of San Antonio. A very nice place to hang out indeed.

Natalie Witcher said...

WHAT! YOU WENT TO THAT! I HAD NO IDEA!

ahem. glad you had fun. kinda

Nikki said...

Looks and sounds like an AMAZING weekend!

I know I'm not the first (and I likely won't be the last), but I've presented you with a blog award. Check out my blog for details!

diane said...

Beth Moore is awesome, and so is San Antonio! What a blessing to be able to combine those two along with great friends - and fudge!

Theresa said...

I wish that I oculd have gone to that. I would love to take off and have fellowship with a bunch of women for a weekend. OH wait I did...there was just no Beth Moore there. I do know one thing though!! Your Choclate confections are better then that old fudge!!

Love Ya!

Tim and Christie said...

Oh it was SO good! Im so glad you were there! It was such a sweet time for me. I woke up missing each of you girls this morning! And laughed several times today thinking of things from this weekend...The Shicah Show....Corn....Megan's 'Thats My Mom' sign...and our wedding ceremony at the Alamodome!

Can't wait for the reunion dinner!

Jen said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! I named you for an award, so check out my blog. : )

Heather said...

Deleise- love your blog. Here's an award- see my blog!

http://blogshewrote.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-blog-feels-so-loved.html

Heather

Taunda said...

I feel so blessed to be able to count you as a dear friend. It was a weekend in San Antonio that I will never forget. I want to be on your block in heaven. I know God created some lasting bonds of friendship. I will never be able to look at corn without laughing. Love you!