Sunday, March 29, 2009

These kids.

They bless me.

I was sitting here thinking about how I truly enjoy them and I decided to make a list of something each one did this week that made me smile. I would love to keep a journal doing just that at the end of each week. Wouldn't that be a great refocus?

I won't do it.

Just being honest.

Here is one thing for each of them.

Cole- I love that when he wears a shirt with graphics on the back, he purposely wears it backwards so he can see it. He is absolutely not dressing for anyone besides himself. Which is also evidenced by those snazzy size 3T pj bottoms he likes to sport.

Riley- I love that even though she was excited about getting a new car, she cried as our Expedition we've had since she was tiny, drove out of our driveway with the new owners behind the wheel.

Tyler- I love his quick witty responses. Well, usually. Like when he was driving me nuts drumming on the back of the car seat and I told him to STOP, he said in his famous street voice "But it's my drums-on-the go, yo!"

Garrett- I love that he is following in his father's footsteps in regards to how he treats me. He is a gentleman and he spoils me. He gets me stuff. He helps me. He offers me bites of his candy bar. And I like it. Someday, some lucky woman....nevermind. Don'twannatalkaboutit.

Your turn. Share something about your kids that makes you smile.

Aaaaand...GO!

10 comments:

Cindy Beall said...

I love it when my 10yo wants to cuddle on the couch.

I love it when my 5yo says, "Not tryin' to be 'propriate, but my nipple hurts."

Dusty Takle said...

Still laughing at @cindybeall.

I love it when my 6yo smiles at me, because I'm funny, but he doesn't want to admit that I'm funny. But I am. Fo sho.

I love it when my 4yo goes to bed.

I'm just kiddin'! Well, I do love that, but...for real...I love it when she comes into our room some mornings with her big blanket, little blanket, bear, elephant, and tiger that growls. And we make room for them all.

- Dusty Takle

Anonymous said...

My individual list would be too long... :), but I love it that my big kids like to come and hang out with us--like they did today! I like it that Kody makes me laugh, and that my head now fits underneath Jacob's chin when he hugs me. Well, I'm not sure I really like that..but it's true!~Robin

Jen said...

Jack has decided to become a toymaker and make me all of the He-Man toys he's sure I wanted when I was a little girl.

Anonymous said...

I love that even though Grandpa is a crotchety old man. Hope cries when he is in pain. I also love the fact that she has taken his dog to bed with her every night that he has been in the hospital. her heart is so sweet.

I love that even though Ryan is 16 and macho (in his own mind) when I am having a bad health day he won't leave my side. He physically helps me up and then walks with me incase I fall.

I love how they both call me out of the blue when I am at work or just out with friends, and tell me that they love me without asking for anything in return.

Gina said...

Aisling- she loves to read and gets so excited when she tells us about her book.

Victoria- is so sweet and thoughtful and is a little mommy to everyone.

Chris- can.not.stop.jumping. I love his energy.

Evan-Ok this shouldn't make me smile, but it does... He talks about his "wein-ah" all the time. And how big it is. I laugh every time.

Eliana - she is so funny. Way too much vocabulary for a 2 year old. Her baby doll is her "chi-uld" and she takes her everywhere.

Andi Hawkins said...

Charlie is afraid to watch the trains crashing on Thomas and Friends. He curls up in my lap and hides his face. We watch it alot. ;-)

Toby decided he is a Dr. and wears a stethoscope everywhere. Last night he planted it right on my friends boob so he could "check her heart."

Marcie said...

Love your kids! Aren't they fun!? And funny!
I love it when Noah sings at the top of his lungs and bangs on the piano. A little goes a long way, of course, but it cracks me up. And his laugh, I love his laugh...
My favorite is "I love you, Mommy" and wet, slobbery two-year-old kisses right on my mouth.
And not to forget, as of today, he still says, "I pay attention."

Erica said...

I love how Taryn's veins pop out on her neck when she laughs. She laughs alot and I love that.
I love how Tristan tells me that I'm really good at basketball when I play with him. It makes doing something I really don't like doing worth every minute of it.

Jenn said...

Brecken (11) has just been a joy lately. I love that she wants to spend time with me.

Caleb (8) spent hours working on the backyard and back patio on Friday. No one asked him to do it, he just wanted to.

Isaiah (3) had a dance-off with a kid after church today. They would say, "Check this out," and then show off their mad skills.

Noah (1) is much more vocal this week than he ever has been & I'm praising God that he's using his voice.