Thursday, March 19, 2009

The canvas


It's done. It's hard to get the idea when you are not up close and in person because you can't see the details, but I'll try to explain it to you.

I used a texture medium called Gesso as my first layer. In the Gesso, I wrote about 60 different words describing who Jesus is. What He is to me. His role in my life. Then I let it dry for 423 years.

Then I painted over that with several layers of color.


I wanted these words in front of my face every day. I need to see them and be constantly reminded of His place . He is it, there is nothing else. And I tend to spend a lot of time trying to get the things He provides from other counterfeit sources.

That's just not a good use of time.



Here are some close-ups of a few of the words so you can see them better.

















So there you have it. Finally.

.
I know hundreds of you have been waiting since my original "blank canvas post" to see it and have put off your grocery shopping or house cleaning, or getting married, or having babies or whatnot in anticipation, and so now you are free to go on about your life.

.
I sure hope it doesn't take you too long to get caught up.

19 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, Deleise, I love it! You are way too creative!!

Bonnie said...

THAT is amazing !! I love it ! What a great idea !! I'm tucking it away in the back of my brain ...

Christi said...

LOVE it Deleise! What a great idea :)

Amy Newberry said...

It turned out BEAUTIFUL! So proud of you:)

Sue said...

That is great!! I love it.What an inspiration to walk by that many times each day. I am sure it will be a blessing to all who enter your home.

"It's Unbelievable" said...

Takes my breath away. This truly is amazing Deleise. Can I have a copy? Seriously.

Kelsey said...

That is so cool, D. I cannot wait to see it up close and personal.

Marcie said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to see it up close!

Natalie Witcher said...

AWESOME. I want one.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! I think you acheived what you were talking about when I was there. You wanted something Special. It is!

I may have to come steal it since I am unartistic and can't copy you. :)

Mary Ann said...

That is so cool. I love the names of God and I do so often forget who he is.

erin said...

I actually was waiting to see it! I really love it too! I'm wanting to get small ones for my boys to paint. That texture stuff might work good for them too.

Sarah Markley said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lynn Hasty said...

Deleise, that's really pretty. I went back and found your blank canvas post. :) I am that way too -- antsy if I'm not working on something.

Your canvas turned out great and I love how you let it stare at you until you had it figured out.

Lynn

Cindy Beall said...

I LOVE IT.

I wont one.

Mandy said...

You really could sell these. Have people give you the words they want included. Anyway, it's amazing. I'm so proud of you for actually painting anything at all, let alone something so amazing. A blank canvas can be all too intimidating.

Andi Hawkins said...

I saw this on twitter, but I had to ocme over and tell you directly that it is the coolest painting Ive ever seen. You are very creative missy.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful! I love it.

Erica said...

Beautiful. I can't wait to see it on your wall.