Sunday, March 22, 2009

Honk if you're...

Yesterday afternoon I was in my room reading and Riley and Tyler got one of their ideas.

When I came out, they were busy printing signs they had made on the computer.

I may or may not have secretly hoped this idea would fizzle. But it didn't. It played out just as they had hoped. And I'm glad it did.


If you drove by our house yesterday evening, you saw this.




I hope you honked. I do care about your happiness.


No doubt some of the honks can be attributed to the stunning background show courtesy of The Amazing Shirtless Cole.



I made them come in when darkness fell.

The final count was 38 1/2 honks. The half was given for a wave from a slightly melancholy soul. Oh, also in the count? Two runners who said "honk, honk."

That's the kind of fun that electronics will never be able to top, folks.

Honk, honk, everyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Told you... you're a good mom! :)
~Robin

Gina said...

Oh Deleise that is so funny!

Anonymous said...

HONK HONK....39.5 Now

That is one from California!!

Nicole Knox said...

So sweet. Did you get a new car?

Marcie said...

Would it count if I went out and honked the car horn in the garage right now?

Mandy said...

So fun!

Sue said...

Cute!! I would definitely honk
does that count?

Kelsey said...

Wish we'd been drivin' by! :)

diane said...

This definitely made me happy! I'll still be smiling tomorrow and maybe I'll honk at someone just for fun!

Lisa Larson said...

Did you happen to share with your children the story of our trip to Padre Island? If I remember correctly, we had TWO signs in the back window..."HONK" and "PADRE OR BUST"!

I practiced my honking in rush hour this morning...just in case the word spreads & children all over NC will be displaying "Honk if you're happy" signs!

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Wow what great kids!!!

rainydaymichele said...

Love it!