Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Coley


September the 3rd is Cole's 7th birthday. What? Wow. 7th.


Cole, when I held your tiny little body in my arms 7 years ago today, I had no idea how much joy you would bring this family. I couldn't have dreamed you up if I'd tried.


Here are 7 things I love about you.


1. You get so excited about simple things.


2. You wake up happy and smiling before you even open your eyes.


3. You never let me leave without a hug, kiss, and hug, and you run frantically for me like you think I'm going to disappear into thin air before I leave.


4. You are always thinking of ways to help others. Whether it's a radio station pledge drive or someone who just looks like they've had it rough, you instantly want to help.


5. You love your family. You think your brothers are the most amazing guys on the earth, and your sister is totally your BFF.


6. You love God and your Bible. You easily get emotional over spiritual things.


7. You are just who you are supposed to be. No pretense, no trying to be like someone else, you are your own little guy...And that is exactly how I love you.


Happy birthday Coley!

11 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

I knew you'd be back... You write the sweetest tributes for your kids.

Kim Heinecke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

He is a burst of Sun and Fun!!! That is for sure! :)

You are a great Mom!!

Marcie said...

Love him! Happy birthday... to Cole and his wonderful Mommy!

Marcie said...

Love him! Happy birthday... to Cole and his wonderful Mommy!

Marcie said...

Don't know why that posted twice... I've been having mouse troubles...
Noah's next to me looking at your blog. He said, "It's Cole. Do you see Cole and Riley?"
Noah's a big fan of Cole, as we all know...

Sue said...

Love you Cole. You are way too much fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Erica said...

Being a part of Cole's first 7 years of life has been a blessing. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him. I have a feeling it's something cool!

Kelsey said...

I luh-huvvvv this kid! He's too sweet and oh so funny! Happy Birthday, Cole!

Betty Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Cole! I can't believe that you are 7 years old already.

I love you!

Andi Hawkins said...

Happy Birthday Cole!