Monday, September 7, 2009

Are you ready for some football?

Tonight was fantasy football draft at the Klaassen home. We've had a family league for several years. I think it has something to do with all the testosterone around here. It's quite official. We have a website on ESPN. We are the KFFL. And we have a real live trophy.

I play along, because it's fun.

And there is food.

But I really don't know what I'm doing.

My team name, assigned to me by David when we first started, is "The Hot Mamas." Cole informed us tonight that he thinks my team is "kinda inappropriate."

I annoy the males in the house when I make my picks based on things they don't think are important. Like picking a player from the Giants because New York City is my most favoritest city in the wholewideworld. Or picking Calvin Johnson because think it'll be fun to call him "CalJo." And if you're a thug? Dream on if you think you're making my team.

Dream.

On.


Garrett doing some last minute research.

Cole breakin' out all the football memorabilia. It's all Titans stuff.



There was chocolate fondue. Chocolate fondue!





And other football delicacies.




You all might think we are just playing. But that would be only before you saw this next photo.






Official fantasy football cups. That's right.







Let the games and the (loving) trash talkin' begin.

11 comments:

Andi Hawkins said...

I'm laughing out loud because my hubs is in the other room picking his team and he acts like he is Jerry Jones. I wish I cold be in his league so I could pick a team around my favorite colors or soemthing. He would be so mad.

That pizza looks so delish. Now I have to get up and eat something.

Kim Heinecke said...

Your pictures make me want to play too. But sooner or later thefood would be gone and I'd have to pay attention to the actual game and that's when I would lose interest...

Anonymous said...

Ditto K_Heinecke. Kris is playing in a league for the 1st time this year. He was kind of harrassed and made fun of when he picked a back-up kicker. A BACK-UP kicker. Poor guy.

Marcie said...

LOVE it! Looks like lots of fun... then again, I would think a seminar on health insurance would be fun if they had chocolate fondue...

Mary Ann said...

I want to see a picture of the trophy.

Betty Ann said...

I Love it! It looks like a fun family project. Keep us posted on how everyone is doing during the season.

Nicole Knox said...

You are a cool mom=)

Sue said...

I'm with Marcie, I kind of got stuck on the chocolate fondue. Sounds like great fun.

Natalie Witcher said...

That looks soooo fun, however, I don't have the first CLUE about fantasy football, much less reality football.

Kelsey said...

How fun! I'm sure we'll be doing this in a few years. :)

Kelsey said...

Your food pics were really good btw.