Monday, May 4, 2009

I thought that if I started a post...


maybe something coherent would come out. But... not... happen.

So until I can form an intelligible sentence, I thought I'd just spill some pictures from our last week-and-a-half-ish onto your screen. Thank you for still checking my blog. Both of you. And God bless America. Amen.

Lets see...

We did school (hey, we did) at the lake one day with our friends.




We went to the Arts Festival where we spent our entire life savings on some amazing art called Strawberries Newport, Baklava, snow cones, and banana pudding.


.







The kids got to go to The Lion King with their grandparents.
Here is what Cole looked like for the first 42 seconds of the night. Apparently he has an aversion to looking totally off-the-hook-fo-shizzle-awesome, so the tie, along with my hopes and dreams, died.

They stayed up until midnight, then got up at 5:30 a.m. to work the Devon waterstop at the marathon. But look at the happiness. Sleep Shmeep.



Oh, and word has it that the back of Cole's head at the marathon is now on a Devon billboard on Broadway extension. How 'bout that?
.
Then...
.
Cole decided to do school in the rain. I know. But let's try to focus on how cute he is.


We spent an alarming amount of time doing this...





We went here...
And touched a real moon rock...


Tyler made this...


And my mom made this...
Oh, and I got a new app on my phone that does this.


Aaaaaaand that's about all I've got. Tune in next time for an exciting discussion possibly on the weather, the recession, or the swine flu. See ya then.

13 comments:

Mandy said...

I know I'm on a blog hiatus, but you posted the link on twitter, so technically...Anyway, I'm reading this out loud to Tony and telling him how you are one of the funniest people I know. The God bless America Amen part is hysterical. And I really wish I got to see you more and our families were tight. So anyway, I miss you and I love the tie and I'm glad you got a picture before the 45 seconds went by. I love the kid in a box too. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to leave a ridiculously long comment that probably would have been better in an email. And thank you for letting me procrastinate so I don't have to pack. I'm leaving now. For reals.

shanna said...

your kids are so stinkin adorable!

Anonymous said...

See? You have 3 readers :) And I always enjoy seeing what you show us. ~Robin

Kelsey said...

Now that looks like a fun week and a halfish! I love Cole in the tie.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man....I am like pushing you way over your 2 person quota! But Marcy and I are always gonna make the 2 so you need to raise your readership bar!

Speaking of Marcy....MARCY WHERE ARE YOU????

SHE POSTED GET OVER HERE!

LOL

Nicole Knox said...

6 readers=) love you girl!

Leslie said...

You are too funny! Love all of your pics. We have a plasma car too and that thing gets serious action around here.

Hugs to you,
Leslie

Cindy Beall said...

I've got two things:
1. Can your kids be any cuter?
B. What's the app?

Marcie said...

LOVE the photos! LOVE your sense of humor! LOVE your kiddos! Oh, and LOVE you too!
Cole's tie is precious... even if it didn't last long, and the photo of them looking dog-tired at the water stop is hilarious.

Rhonda said...

Ok, am I 7 or 8! Anyway, I know I'm not 1 or 2 but I'm glad you're back!!

Lani said...

All I'm sayin' is your Mom can come cook for me any day. Any day. Did I mention your Mom can come cook for me any day? Riley's so cute in her statue pose. And Cole looks pretty stylin' in that tie. I can't get my boys to keep their ties on, either.

Natalie Witcher said...

What's up with the tape at the crotch of the robot!?! :)

Dusty Takle said...

You wanna share that app, friend? Huh? - DT