Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Riley!


I can not believe it‘s been 8 years. What a gift you are to this family. There are so many things I love about you and your sweet personality. You teach me so much every day.

I love that you have a Pringles can with the word “Homeless” written on it and you collect money for it from yourself and others regularly. You plan to change the world, and I believe you will.

I love that you think Cole’s smile is the cutest thing in the world and you don’t mind telling people how smitten you are with it. Sometimes I think you love him like he was your own child, even though he is only 18 months younger than you.

I love that you think teeny baby shoes are so adorable that you are almost in torture the whole time we are in a shoe store. I love sharing groans of adoration over tiny boots and running shoes with you. I think we are going to be dangerous together when you have babies of your own one day.

You are a dream come true, sweet girl. I cherish you more than you will ever comprehend. Happy 8th birthday!

12 comments:

Lani said...

Awww... Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Riley!!!

Have a great day!!!

Marcie said...

So sweet... brought tears to my eyes as I await the birth of my own little girl. If only she may be half as sweet as precious Riley...
Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

She's a beauty, mom. With a beautiful heart. Happy birthday to you both! :) ~Robin

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday sweet Riley!
Love you!

erin said...

How precious. Treasure this day!

Gina said...

Happy birthday precious Riley. Aisling and Torrie say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, really loud. What a sweet girl you have Deleise!

Betty Ann said...

Happy birthday, Riley. You are a very sweet granddaughter. Have a great day!

Love,

Grandma Betty Ann

Sue said...

Happpy Birthday Riley. I hope you are having fun at your birthday dinner. We are thankful that we have such a sweet and precious granddaughter. Love you lots.

Cindy Beall said...

That is pretty much in the top three of the sweetest things I've ever read. Okay, maybe top two.

Tristan said...

Riley is so sweet. I am blessed to have her as a niece.

Erica said...

That was from me, not Tristan. He is very blessed to have her for his cousin though.