Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Flarp

Dear Flarp,


When I saw you sitting on the Walmart shelf, I knew you were trouble. I should have walked away before you began your charming antics and won over “fun mom” that “smart mom” was trying to suppress. But you are good at what you do. You hypnotized me and lured me in, and soon I had four of you in my basket.


I’ll admit our time together started out beautifully. You were the hit of the Valentine’s gift bags. Even the chocolate was pushed to the side, as all attention was directed toward you. And the fun. Oh the fun. We sat at the table forever laughing until the tears came over your versatility. The variety of sounds you provide is no doubt admirable. The commentary that followed each squish was just what you would have wanted.


But the honeymoon is over. You have turned my world upside down. You are stuck to Riley’s princess sheets. You are smeared on Cole’s bedroom floor. I loathe the day I laid eyes on you. Why did I pass up your brother, Whoopie Cushion? Your clean, uncomplicated, time-tested competition? Why? I will never know how my life would have been different. But I will always wonder. Always.


Sincerely,
Me
.
.
.

12 comments:

Christi said...

ha ha, The boys just got some Flarp as well.They think it's awesome but I cringe when I see it being spread out as far as it will go!

Anonymous said...

I love you! This is hilarious.

Poor Poor Flarp you have been added to Black Lists everywhere thanks to Deleise!

Marcie said...

Flarp sounded like great fun until I read on... had no idea what a mess it could make! Thank you for sparing me this same fate in my future as it is certain I otherwise would have purchased such a thing. I doubt I could have resisted something called "Flarp"... what with my sophisticated sense of humor and all.

Mandy said...

You have to be one of the funniest people I know. I'm sorry your home has been flarpped.

Amy said...

You are so funny. What you've done here is build a memory. Your little family will tell this story for many Valentine Days to come.
I got Ian's whoopie cushion for a buck at a convenience store.Best buck I ever spent. Much better than the buck I spent on Mackenzie's silly putty. Not so silly anymore.

Anonymous said...

Hope it comes out....reminds me of the Moon Sand I got for one of my grands for Christmas....what a mess!!

But, you still get the mom-of-the-year award! :)
~Robin

Amy Newberry said...

Nice...thanks for the heads up!

erin said...

That cracks me up! Have fun cleaning!

Jenn said...

Sorry to say we've suffered through this stuff also! Ruined a spot of carpet, a pair of pj's, ...
Enjoy anti-flarping your home!!!

Tristan said...

That is hilarious! Your kids were talking about the flarp on Sunday when they were here. They really do love it.

Andi Hawkins said...

Oh no!!! That looks permanent!!

Cindy Beall said...

Now that...is...funny.